Chapter 42- Talent as a Career

Mandy's POV

"Sit down, darling." Mrs. Parks smiled nicely and gestured to the white velvet seat next to her. Adam grinned and nudged my back.

Okay, why is she being so nice?

Better yet, why did she even ask for me?

"Ok." I grinned awkwardly and sat there with Adam beside me. They were both smiling.

Why are they smiling? This is supposed to be scary. But they looked like they got along so well together. Like they knew something I didn't.

TELL ME.

"Adam and I have been talking." she started. Like yeah, you've been talking... for five minutes. How the hell did you two get along in five minutes?

"And if you're wondering why we're not at each other's throats..." she spoke calmly. Heck yes, I've been wondering. "... I'll just let Adam tell you the story."

I looked at Adam and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He just smiled confidently and shut his mouth. Fine, don't tell me.

"Go ask him later. But as for now, that's not what I planned on telling you." she said.

Okay, how does any of this suddenly concern me?

"Um... what is it?" I asked and leaned forward on my elbows, getting quite interested.

"Adam told me about your little secret." she raised one eyebrow and grinned. Secret? Okay, I didn't tell Adam no secret, kay? I haven't kept anything from anyone. I'm open as heck.

"Secret?" I looked at both of their mocking, smiling faces, in confusion.

"He told me you have a talent. A talent that resembled his." she grinned.

"What do you mean?" I scoffed. Please just cut the secretive vibe. Just tell meee....

"You can sing?" she asked. Woah. Okay.

"Yeah." I answered casually and yet still confused.

"Well, Ms. Bright, I have been thinking of a way to fix your problem of not being able to see..." she looked at Adam in a bit of disgust. Probably disgusted of our sweetness and stuff. Hey, it ain't my fault we're sweet. "your boyfriend."

"Um... okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well, my plan is to put you as well in the music business. I have a project in mind and I think you're perfect for it." she grinned widely.

Woah. Wait, what?

"What?" I couldn't believe what she said.

"How would you like to have your talent as a career." she smiled calmly.

Oh. My. Gosh. Am I hearing her right?

"Oh my gosh. Yes!" I exclaimed, my smile from ear to ear.

"First." she waved her finger at me. "Sing for me."

Sing for you? Yes! I'd roll on the ground if I had to.

"Of course." I smiled widely.