Chapter 118- Mr. Smith

Okay.

So where is this Starbucks...

I tilted my head from left to right, keeping an eye out for any Starbucks stall.

Nope.

I looked for another three minutes, walking around the place. Dammit. Adam's manager didn't even tell me where it was. Like heck, it's not like I live here in Hollywood.

Guess it's time to ask for directions.

"Um..." I tapped a guy who was texting on his phone. I chose to approach him because he didn't look like the other Hollywood people who were wearing fancy stuff. He might understand me.

He turned around.

Wait. What?

"Mandy?" he said with a shocked smile.

"Dylan?" I said, super shocked. What the heck is he doing here? I mean, I know Hollywood isn't a super big place but there's gotta be a lot of people living here, right? We're not the only two people here.

He chuckled that dorky chuckle of his.

"Dude! The hell? Are you stalking me?" I exclaimed, mouth agape.

"What?! Why would I do that?" he laughed and stood up, keeping his phone in his pocket.

"I don't know! But it's definitely the only explanation I can give for why we keep bumping into each other." I shrugged, looking up at him. He seemed to grow taller than I last saw him. Before, he was maybe like, only 5'8" or something, But now, he looked like he was already 6 feet.

He laughed. "For your information, I am not stalking you, okay? I'm waiting for my new client."

"Client? I thought you're a DJ." I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I am. The radio station I interviewed you and Adam in was only a part time job. I host there whenever my brother can't make it." he explained and put his hands on his pockets.

"Brother? You mean, Cad's a DJ too." I said, surprised and enthusiastic.

Cad is Dylan's younger, 20 year old brother. Last time I saw him, he said he wanted to become a professed "House sitter" because he can take advantage of the television, food and couch in a person's house. He said he wanted to watch TV and sit in a couch his entire life. Nothing more, quote unquote.

Come to think of it, he was only 13 when I last saw him.

"Yep. I guess he realized that his "dream profession" wasn't really possible." he grinned.

I laughed. "Yeah..."

"So you... live here?"I asked, intrigued.

"Yeah. Once I earned enough money, I moved in here and became a professional DJ. I sold albums and stuff. Starred in one movie too. But one of the celebrities' managers said I had skills and I should show it to the world and blah blah blah and BOOM! He inquired me to become a manager too." he shrugged casually like being a manager in Hollywood was such a normal thing.

"Wow." I smiled. "Is this your first client?"

"Yep. And she's running late too." he rolled his eyes. "I've been waiting here for thirty minutes."

"Who are you waiting for anyway?" I asked.

"Um..." he straightened the messed up paper that was in his hand.

"A... Ms. Bright?" he tilted his head like it was so hard to pronounce the name.

Wait...

"Did you just say Ms. Bright?" I asked.

"Yeah... Why?" he looked at me like I was crazy to ask that question.

"Are you Mr. Smith?" I gulped, hoping his last name changed over the years or something.

"Yeah. I know my last name, Ms. Mandy-" he was about to tease me again when he realized my last name.

Silence.

"What the fuck?" his tongue slid on his front teeth as he looked at me with wide eyes.

I was speechless.

"So... you're-" he was shocked.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. THIS CAN'T BE HAPENING. PLEASE JUST LET THIS BE A DREAM!!! SOMEONE PINCH ME, SOMEONE STAB ME, PLEAASE!