Chapter 63- Prove you love her

"Thanks for those great words, Mandy." Kent hugged me tightly and I accepted it gladly.

"They're not just words, you know." I smiled and he let go of me.

We both reflected each other's smiles. I hope he's feeling better.

Adam and the rest of the family approached us. Adam was carrying Denise, who was actually laughing her sweet, innocent laugh. Ooh... Adam's pretty good with kids. Lisa's eyes were as sore as Kent's, but she managed a laugh. Seemed like she was having a conversation with my parents.

"Daddy!" Denise cheered and reached out her hands to her dad.

Adam carried her to Kent. Of course, Kent still glared at him.

"I'm sorry." Adam sincerely smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Kent took Denise from Adam. "I'm sorry that you're here."

I could see that Adam was holding in a bit of anger. But he managed to let out a smile.

Oh no. You don't say that to Adam.

"Kent, c'mon. Stop this nonsense. He's not that bad." I tried to keep my voice like I'm kidding.

"That's what you think." Kent snared at me.

Ugh. Excuse me?

"Wha-" I was cut off by Adam.

He held my hand and squeezed it gently, giving me a look that said Please stop.

"It's alright. C'mon." he nudged me for us to just go.

"Yeah. Leave, you wuss." Kent brought Denise down.

"Kent! Not in front of the Denise!" Lisa glared at him.

"No, no. I wanna settle this."  Kent let out a tempting chuckle, like he was getting ready for a fight.

Lisa scoffed, hardly believing Kent at the moment. "C'mon, Denise. Let's go to the car." Lisa took Denise's hand and they walked away. My parents followed them.

Okay, sure.

Leave me here.

Thanks a lot, supportive family of mine.

"Kent, stop this." I gave Kent an icy stare.

"Look dude, I don't wanna fight you, okay?" Adam grinned and raised his hands in surrender.

"Like it's not so easy." Kent tilted his he, daring Adam.

"What the hell do you mean, Kent?" I glared at Kent.

"Oh! You don't know?" he smiled a creepy smile and looked at me. "Adam Lambert. The Adam Lambert..." he looked at Adam. "You were all over the news. News about that Sauli guy. Remember him? Yeah?" narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah. I remember him." Adam folded his arms, saying the words clearly and in irritation.

" Yeah, baby sis." Kent looked at me. "He dated him. He dated him and for a while it seemed serious. But then... he just had to break his heart...And his bones."

Bones?

What?!

"You beat him up. Remember?" Kent gave an evil grin at Adam.

"You don't know what happened between us. I loved Sauli. And I didn't beat him up for fun. You don't understand." Adam gritted his teeth and pointed his finger at Kent.

Oh no... He's mad as well.

Hmm... I think I know Sauli. I remembered Alice telling me about him.

"And who's to say you won't do it again? You'll love my sister, sure! Love her with all your heart? Maybe! Then what? Beat her heart... and her body? I think so!" Kent smirked.

"I love Mandy, okay? I've been patiently enduring your treatment, because I love her." Adam looked down at Kent, his fists clenched. Yep, he's taller.

"Wanna fight me for it then?" Kent dared him.

"What?" Adam irritatingly asked in confusion.

"Prove you love her." Kent raised his arms in welcome and walked farther from him.

Ugh! This has to stop.

Suddenly, Kent punched Adam on his face.

Blood rushed down Adam's nose and splattered on the ground. Adam looked up at Kent and gave him a glare.

"Go on. I can take it." Adam grinned, his eyes swollen and blood rushing down his gums. He dared Kent for some more.

Kent punched Adam in the stomach.

I couldn't take it.

"Stop it!!!" I screamed so suddenly.

Adam's eyes widened, and even Kent seemed to jump in shock a bit.

"Kent. Stop this." I pointed my finger at him and walked closer. "This is bullcrap! I'm not sixteen, for pete's sake, Kent. I'm 26. You've been in France for a long time. And in that span of time, I've had my heart broken, hurt and stabbed. I experienced all those stuff you've kept me from."

"And breaking news, Kent. You can't keep me from that." I sighed and looked at Kent's eyes deeply. He just looked at me, expressionless.

"I love Adam. Maybe you won't believe that. But I don't need you to. I'm not your baby sis anymore. And I love you... But... This has to stop." I muttered and grabbed Adam's hand.

Then I dragged him away.