Chapter 40- Here goes nothing

Adam's POV

"Uh... Is Mrs. Parks here?" Tommy inquired at the lobby desk of the hotel.

"Name?" the receptionist asked politely. I looked around. It was a completely different hotel from where I was staying. Golden chandeliers hung on the ceiling, white marble floors laid below my feet, classy atmosphere and rich looking people everywhere.

I mean, I am a famous singer... but definitely not famously rich like these people in the hotel. One stay must cost thousands of dollars.

"Wow." Mandy commented, looking around as well.

"I know." I answered her and she started to walk around.

"Hey dude," Tommy approached me. "Mrs. Parks is at the fifth floor. Here." he handed me a room key.

Wait... A room key?

"Woah..." I looked at him in confusion. "Why do we have a room key? Don't they know that, with this, we can murder her or something?" Well, hotels aren't supposed to do that, are they?

"Well, we're not gonna do so, are we?" he answered ironically. "And besides, the receptionist said she's expecting us."

Expecting us.

Wow. Kinda like one of those movies where the bad guy says "I've been expecting you" and has a cat on his lap.

I imagined Mrs. Parks like that.

Yeah... Maybe not.

I accepted the key "Mandy, c'mon." I called Mandy who was checking out the catfishes that swam inside a large aquarium that was part of the hotel interior design.

She looked so cute.

Like a kid who was checking an aquarium at a restaurant.

She turned to look at me and sprinted over to us.

We all went to the elevator and Tommy pressed the button.

Hmm... I wonder what she'll say. Probably would tell me that my career is over, that I wasted my whole life's work over a girl. The usual stuff. Probably would rub it in my face. Well, so what? I stand by what I say. And I meant every single word of what I told her.

Ding!

The elevator stopped at the fifth floor.

"Here goes nothing." I took a deep breath and both Tommy and Mandy gave me a concerned look.

Yep... Here goes nothing.