Chapter 104- Questions

Adam clutched my hand tightly as he stared at the hospital's exit door.

Outside, paparazzi were ready with their cameras. Some were actually already snapping shots even though we were still inside. I could see the silhouettes of reporters already talking in front of the camera.

"You okay?" I glanced up at him.

"Yeah..." he muttered, keeping his eyes fixed at a distance.

"You sure?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

Something's definitely wrong, Adam. There's no fooling me.

"I just..." he inhaled. "I can take them talking crap about me."

Then he looked at me. "But... I don't want them to say anything bad about you."

For a moment, I felt a great burst of heart melt and touched feeling inside my heart. To think that this guy, who was shot by a gun, is still thinking for my sake.

"Adam... I don't care, okay?" I smiled and pressed his hand in mine.

"Yeah, but-" he started. But was immediately cut off by Adam's manager, race walking towards us with anxiety and excitement in his eyes.

"Okay, okay, okay." Adam's manager walked in front of us and put his hands on his hips.

"Is everyone ready?" he panted.

Adam and I exchanged confused glances and nodded anyways.

"Okay" he exhaled. "Just tell them whatever is necessary. Don't leak out all the info. But, as much as possible, just tell them to wait for the coming interviews." he explained briefly.

"Um.. okay." Adam grinned.

"You ready, bro?" Tommy placed his hand on Adam's shoulder.

"Yeah." Adam chuckled.

Ashley clung to my left arm and gave a cute smile. "How about you, princess?" she giggled.

"Yeah, I'm fine, okay?" I laughed at their overly flowing concern and anxiety.

"Okay, people... smiles!" Adam's manager called out like a director for a movie.

The two bodyguards of Adam started to walk outside as we followed. Two more bodyguards were behind us.

ADAM! IS IT TRUE THAT YOU WERE KIDNAPPED AND SHOT?

MANDY! WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?

ADAM! HOW ARE YOU FEELING RIGHT NOW?

MANDY! IS THE RUMOR TRUE THAT YOU CAME CLOSE TO DYING?

Hold up! Dying? I only had minor bruises and now these people asks me if I came close to dying? Like where the heck do you get these info, people? Get yo facts straight, okay?

"No." I just laughed into the mic.

TOMMY! IT WAS SAID THAT YOU WERE ALSO KIDNAPPED. IS IT TRUE?

"Yeah..." Tommy answered briefly and pulled me close to him because people were really crowding up.

ASHLEY! DID YOU REALLY SAVE ADAM AND MANDY?

ADAM! CAN YOU STILL WORK AFTER THIS INCIDENT?

"Yes, I'd still be working after this. It's a single gun shot, people." Adam chuckled as he answered the reporter.

ADAM!

MANDY!

TOMMY!

ASHLEY!

We kept walking until we were in front of the car.

"There'll be coming interviews for this and everything will just be explained then." Adam said into one of the microphones.

Then he opened the door for me and I entered. He, Tommy and Ashley followed and finally, shut the car door, muffling the voices of those people.

We all let out sighs of relief.

"Damn..." Tommy muttered.

And we all just laughed.