Chapter 11- Late

Knock knock knock

Ugghhhh.....

GO AWAY.

Can't you see I'm sleeping???

Knock knock knock

Gawddd.....

What the heck? Just shut up.

Knock knock knock

This time it was super persistent and it didn't stop. It was loud enough to bleed my ears out. I knew whoever it was, it wasn't going to stop. Not even my laziness to open the door would let that person go.

"I'm coming!" I sat up irritatedly, rubbing my eyes and yawning.

I opened the door and put on my most irritated face.

It was Alice.

"Ew, what happened to you?" she gestured my face. I hadn't really realized how I looked. Probably because I was woken up early in the morning by such a persistent knock. I probably looked hideous and messy, but I didn't bother to look.

"What are you doing here? It's like six am." I grunted and rubbed my eyes. I didn't really know what the time was, but I didn't bother to see if I was right.

"Six? Mandy, it's eight already!" she exclaimed in shock and irritation.

" What?" I looked at her with my half-opened eyes. I'm really sleepy. I just wanted to lie down on the floor face flat right there.

"You have a performance at Chance bar today, remember?!" she raised her arms to prove her point.

A performance?

Where?

Oh crap.

I remembered. That was right. I was gonna sing at Chance bar today. The manager, who is a friend of Dan, told me he wanted me to sing at the bar by eight thirty am. Dan recommended me to him. Alice promised to come with me here, in exchange for me going with her to that Adam Lambert's acoustic performance. Which... AGAIN, I never saw, by the way.

"Oh crap." I stood there, my eyes wide.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go fix yourself up. You look like you haven't showered in weeks." she nagged and entered my room.

"For your information, I just showered yesterday." I said with sureness and went to the bathroom to rake a shower.

I did look and smell terrible, though.

Probably because Adam just had to take me out until it was twelve am. But still, I'm not supposed to be complaining because I just had a night with a famous singer. That's gotta count as something awesome, right?

I took a quick shower and put on my black tank top, black skinny jeans and red converse shoes. Yes, I love black.

I didn't bother to put on any make up except a little powder.

"Let's go." I called Alice who was still watching TV.

"C'mon." she stood up and followed me to the door.