Chapter 103- Ice cream

I stared at the floor. It was the day of Adam's checking out of the hospital.

Adam's voice was muffled. He was talking about stuff, but I had other things circling inside my head.

Wow... So much has happened in this short span of time. Peter was killed, Dan was killed, Alice is probably in prison or whatever, Adam's stomach is scarred by that gun shot. All such miserable and terrifying crap.

And somehow, as I try to look at it... It seems like I AM the main reason for everything. I mean, these people would never be hurt if only I hadn't gone out with Adam.

I really love Adam...

But it felt like I'm endangering every one of the people I hold dear to my heart.

"Mandy..."

But I DO love Adam...

But...

"Mandy!" Adam shook me.

"Huh? What?" I snapped back to reality.

"Were you even listening?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Um... Yeah! Of course I was." I tried to sound all reassuringly and supportive girlfriend.

"Okay then... Pop quiz! What did I last say?" Adam slumped on the hospital bed, across from the small couch I was sitting on.

Crap...

REMEMBER, MANDY!!! WHAT DID HE FREAKIN' SAY???

That's what you get for thinking about stuff so much and not listening to what Adam's saying.

"Um... You..." I pointed at him. What? What am I supposed to say???

"Uh... I... You were um... Cause... Uh..." Shit. What am I even saying?

At least don't sound stupid, Mandy!

Adam chuckled and looked down, shaking his head.

What the freak is so funny?!

"Come here." he looked up at me... so dramatically, like in those movies when a guy looks down then looks up, showing his gorgeous eyes... and smiled.

OH GOD!!! THE CUTENESSS!!!!!!!!

"Uh... what?" I sounded so stupid. I was just too brainwashed by the way he looked at me with his perfect blue eyes.

He chuckled again.

"Come here!" he grinned and leaned back on the bed with his palms.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

He sighed. "Come onnn...." he stood up and pulled my hands to the bed.

Then we both sat down, face to face.

Dang... the tension.

"Okay, tell me..." he stared at me seriously. "... when do we get to eat ice cream again?"

What?

Ice cream?

ICE CREAM???

"Um... What?" I asked again.

"Remember..." he held my hand and stared at it as he clutched it. "... that ice cream we had on our first date..." then he looked up at me again... OH GAWD!!!! I AM STARSTRUCK!!!! " I think that's what we both need right now..." he smiled.

"Before we go to Dan's funeral... or answer those presses... Or anything else," he looked at me straight in the eyes.

"I think we would really just need to have a simple stroll at the mall, go buy two ice cream cones... and for a second, just forget about all these shit that we've experienced  in these couple of days" he gave me a comforting smile.

No matter what happens...

Even if I die. Even if we both die. Even if the world comes to an apocalypse...

This guy would always be able to cheer me up.

I smiled. "I'd like that very much, Mr. Lambert."

Then I pulled him in for a short smooch.