Chapter 37- A date with Adam

"Okay, Mandy." he held my hand and grinned, pulling me in the store. "Since I've been so selfish lately... I've reserved this entire day for you." he stopped and looked at me.

He said he was going to take me out, for the entire day. Yay! A whole day with Adam. I think that makes up for the time he was gone. I really missed him. And now that he's here, I felt like I never want him to leave.

"It's alright with your management?" I raised one eyebrow and grinned.

"Psh! Fuck that." he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously?" I scoffed. I was glad that he was spending time with me. But it seemed highly bad and impractical to sabotage his career. He told me everything on what happened at the restaurant where he was supposed to meet some important clients. How he put those people in their place. I was really touched that Adam defended me. But still, it would be bad if his career would get ruined.

"Seriously." he confirmed.

"Well... whataya want to do?" he tried to change the subject, and put his arm around me, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Hm..." I pouted my lips and thought hard. "What about... ice cream!" I exclaimed. It was really hot, and a cone of ice cream would really hit the spot.

"Perfect." he smiled and we went to my favorite ice cream store "Freezer's Blizzards". My dad used to take me there all the time ever since I was a child. And my grandfather took my father there when he was a child too. Yep. It's a reaaally old ice cream store.

"I'll have.... the strawberry flavored one... with marshmallows on top." I told the cashier.

"And I'll have the blueberry one." Adam said politely, his arm still around me.

Being sweet...

Publicly.

How better can this day get?

"That'll be $1.98" the cashier pushed the register buttons. I could tell that she was hiding a smile. From what? From Adam and me? Maybe... I would've done the same thing with a sweet couple.

"Here." Adam handed the cash.

"Wait! I'll pay." I stopped Adam's hand.

"No." he smiled.

"But you paid last time." I reasoned, totally sounding like a five year old kid. Well, he did. That first night we went out. That still counts.

"So what?" he shrugged. "Here." the cashier accepted the dollar, her face totally hiding a laugh.

Yeah, laugh all ya want.

Then she handed us our ice cream cones and we walked out of the store.

"What now?" Adam licked his ice cream and wrapped his arm around me once again.

"Hmm..." I knitted my eyebrows and licked my strawberry ice cream. Ahh.... Ice cream and Adam. The only two things I need to survive.

"Hey," he suddenly lit up and looked at me. "What about we go shop?" he suggested cheerfully.

Shopping? With Adam?

What more could I ask?!

"Yes!" I lit up delightfully.

We went to one of the shops that I love going to: Hipster Chic. You could probably guess what's so good about it by the name. It's full of cool, hipster stuff that I personally admire.

I searched through the racks and so did Adam.

"Oh, Mandy." Adam called out so I turned around. "Here." he presented a cute, white and skeleton-patterned mini skirt. It looked so cute... yet edgy.

Okay, I sound like a fashion critique.

"Oh my gosh." I walked to him, my eyes wide and full of being impressed. Yep. Impressed by Adam's good eye.

"Well, try it on." he urged, smiling widely and handed me the skirt.

"Yes sir." I giggled and went to the fitting room to try it on.

"Well?" I asked, getting out of the fitting room, once I put it on already.

Adam immediately diverted his attention to me.

"Well, hello hottie." he grinned widely.

I laughed.

"That looks so hot on you." he furrowed his eyebrows and smiled.

"Okay, I guess that means I'm buying it." I giggled and went to the fitting room to take it off.

We paid for it and got out of the shop. Adam insisted that he paid for it. But I insisted NO. I can't take advantage of him. That's sick.

"Aren't you gonna buy anything?" I asked and looked up at him.

"Hun, if you saw my closet, you'd take back those words immediately." he laughed.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause...." he started. "it's packed with clothes. I don't need to shop yet, believe me." he grinned and I just chuckled.

"Ooh..." I looked at him excitedly. "What about we go and sing karaoke?" I asked, my smile wide

"I think you read my mind." he laughed and gave me a short kiss on the lips.