T W E N T Y - E I G H T - C L A R E N C E O T T O M

The beaches of Malibu were amazing—it was a delightful view. Who would thought I would ever be living this luxury life—right beside me is my friend since high school—Michael Palsby.

We laid out on the beach, watching as the sun swam up high, warming the water that laid across from us.

"What are you two guys doing," Michael's fiancé came out with transparent, red lingerie on—making me and Michael both watch in awe, "trying to get baked the death by the sun and swallowed up by the water?"

I laughed laying back down as Michael looked at Rachel.

"Why don't you go back inside the house and watch Jayden..." he ordered her to do.

Because she loved the "tough guy" act, she obeyed—probably hoping for sex later on when I'm not around.

"So how long are you staying in Malibu?" Michael asked me as he rested back down on the towel that was separating him from the sand.

"I don't know," I told him, getting up from the ground completely—standing up, grabbing my towel, "I'm thinking about permanently moving out of the country—probably Paris. I don't know."

Michael smiled at me, getting up from the ground as well, picking up his wrinkled towel.

"So you really using that money huh," he told me, chest bumping me, "don't use all of it up now..."

"I'm smarter than that," I explained to him, "there's plenty of money left—I don't spend like a shopaholic..."

With all this money that I was left in the will, I immediately got out of Georgia PERIOD and reached for something higher—California and soon out of the country.

I want to make something out of myself—I want to become a better person than what I once was.

I've made mistakes in the past and I want to erase them all, start over—rewrite my story as a new, clean part.

  I want to make better life decisions for myself, I want to become something greater than what I was before—and that's what I'm doing...