O N E - L A W R E N C E M U L L I N S

The sun captured in the sight, blinding my view to see the road.

  "Hand me my shades sweetheart." I instructed my beautiful woman.

  As I put the shades over my face, the sun didn't bother me anymore.

  "So," I said to my fiancé as I kept my eye on the road, "do you think your parents would like me?"

  "I hope so." Abigale told me nervously.

  "Why are you so nervous babe?"

  "I hope they really do like you," she looked at me rubbing my cheek as if she was my own mother, "because I really love you so much."

  Taking my eye off the road just for a split second, I looked at my woman, "I hope so too."

  We were on Charles Road, the road that Abigale's parents lived.

  Every inch we got closer, the more shaken my fiancé became. I really hope this was a great idea that I am visiting her parents.

  We were quickly in a small neighborhood of beautiful, small houses.

  "Which one," I questioned my fiancé, "which one is your parents' house?"

  Unbuckling her seatbelt, "You're right across from it." She acknowledged me.

  At that point, I was the one that became very nervous. I was right across from my soon to be in-laws' house.

  "Drive in the driveway," Abigale instructed me, " and it's okay." She touched the top of my hand softly while she looked into my worried eyes.

  I drove into the driveway, a nervous wreck, worried about what Abigale's parents would think of me.

  Not helping me out of the car or helping with the bags, Abigale jumped out of the car with the quickness and ran towards her parents' door, knocking quick and hard.

  She was overexcitedly jumping up and down as if she was a kid meeting her all-time favorite wrestler.

  "Hello suga," a voice behind the opened door shouted out excitedly, "you look so beautiful!"

  Abigale's cheeks seemed as if they were frozen; they wouldn't move at all.

  Coming from behind the door was a woman that resembled Abigale so much. She had short, curly, black hair that stopped to the midsection of her neck. She seemed like a healthy woman in her mid or late forties. There was no make-up covering up her natural face. So much beauty; just like her daughter.

  "Hi mom," my fiancé told her mother as she hugged her from outside, "I missed you so much!"

  The hug lasted completely long as if they haven't seen each other in years.

  Well, they haven't seen each other in years, they just communicated through phone conversations.

  "Is dad home?" Abigale asked her mother.

  "He's in the back," her mother explained while pointing inside the house, "taking care of his garden. You know how he is about that."

  Abigale went inside of the house to go see her father, while I was still outside gathering all of the luggage.

  "Hello there," Abigale's Mother approached me with a huge smile, holding out her hand waiting for a handshake, "you must be Abigale's fiancé?"

  Politely shaking her hand, "Yes ma'am, I'm Lawrence Mullins."

  Her grin stayed upon her face as if it was frozen, similar to when her daughter's face was a few moments ago.

  They must really love meeting company, or finally happy to see me, their soon to be son-in-law.