T W E N T Y - A B I G A L E M U L L I N S

My house shoes echoed annoyingly through the quiet halls, until I couldn't hear my shoes scoot any longer.

The echoes were taken over by many doctors rushing through the hall, safely running pass me.

I wondered where they were going, and they turned to the left corner—Lawrence's room was on the left corner, but I didn't bother rushing to walk, because his heart must've stopped temporarily again.

I took my time walking, turning to the left corner.

"Clear..." I heard a female doctor say as I walked up to the room.

Entering inside, there were twice as many doctors than the last time.

My tired face quickly transformed into a worried face that couldn't go away.

My heart began beating fast as I saw them continued to give my husband's lifeless body compressions that he didn't react to.

"Is he going to come back?" I asked worried.

"Stand back..." the lady repeated herself...

"Clear..."

His body went up in the air, but his eyes didn't open like the last time.

"Why isn't he waking up!?" I yelled to them.

"Stand back..." she said again.

"Clear..."

I screamed and cried to the floor; my heart began beating faster than before.

"Someone please take her out," a male doctor said, "now!"

Someone quickly grabbed me from my arm and hurriedly walked me out of the room, holding me against the wall as I cried my eyes out—not knowing what was going on.

"Stand back..." I heard her say again...

"Clear..."

"Why isn't my husband waking up," I asked the doctor that was holding me against the wall, "why isn't my baby waking up!? Why?!"

The doctor didn't answer me; he grabbed me, tightly hugging—rubbing my back trying to comfort me.

"Please don't be dead—Lawrence..."

I didn't hear anything from Lawrence's room. I started to shake, I fell from the floor.

"Stand up, Mrs. Mullins," the doctor said as he was helping me up from the floor, "stay calm; just stay calm..."

He patted my back as I continued to shake.

"Why are they being so damn quiet!?" I yelled, wanting to know what was going on in my husband's room.

"Time of death," someone said...

I didn't even bother to hear the time of his death, I tried running into the room, but the doctor grabbed me tightly.

At that moment, I didn't even know I was still pregnant, I didn't even care that I was still pregnant. The only thing that I wanted to be by was my husband; I wanted to see my husband, but the doctor wouldn't let me go inside.

"I want to see my husband," I cried to the doctor, "please let me see my husband... please let me see my husband!"