T W E L V E - C L A I R E K Y L E S

I was comforting my brother, who I haven't seen in years. Beside me was his brother, someone that I'm happy that I've finally met.

    My sister's husband came back into the room without this woman named Rachel and the guy not by his side.

    The trouble is finally gone. Everyone clapped with relief.

    It was an awkward time, but everything was awkward at the moment, so I ran up to Abigale's husband, with nothing in my head preplanned to say.

    "Hey," I held out my hand, wanting permission to shake, "my name's Claire and I'm Abigale's sister, it's finally nice to meet you."

    "It's nice to meet you too, Kelsie..." he smiled walking by me.

    It seemed that he had no interest in meeting his sister-in-law. I felt a little embarrassed, but I quickly got over it...quickly.

    As I ran back over to my brother, who was accompanied by his brother, we both picked him up as if we were working as a team.

    "Hey," Lawrence got everyone's attention, "where did my wife go?"

    "I found her," this guy comes into the room with Abigale beside him, "she was in the bathroom."

    She ran up to Lawrence, happy and smiling. She hugged him tightly, too tightly.

    To me, it's such a thing as being TOO happy for your wedding, especially after being sad after about five to ten minutes ago; and NOW you're happy, coming back inside with another man finding you.

    If Lawrence doesn't see it, he's stupid. I could see directly through that fake smile that Abigale was giving her husband.

    As my sister hugged her husband, the guy awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as he walked off.

    This was something that needed to be discussed now, so I had to walk up on them... but I didn't, I couldn't...

    "Somebody help me!" a familiar child's voice screamed from the table I was sitting at.

    I turned around quickly, Kimberly was out of her seat screaming, pointing at our table.

    Kimberly's dad, my husband was sleep on the table; well I thought he was sleep.

    "Is he dead?" a whisper from beside me said...

    "Oh my gosh, is he really dead?!" Another voice screamed from the opposite side of me.

    I ran towards the table, not knowing what happened and not knowing what was going to happen.

    "I killed him mommy," my panicking child stating, hyperventilating, "I killed him..."

    The surrounding guest, gasped in disbelief and shock.

    "How is that possible?" a guest whispered to another guest.

    "Are they going to call the police on a little girl?" another question whispered through the silent air.

    I kneed down on the floor, touching both of my daughter's shoulders, calmly trying to speak to her, "Honey, how did you kill daddy?"

    "I-I," she said crying, "I slipped some of daddy's pills in his drink."

    "About how many pills?" I questioned her.

    "The two whole bottles..." she admitted as she whipped her face.

    "What is she going to do?" another question whispered through the air.

    "I will tell you what I'm about to do," I responded to the question, getting up from the floor, "we are all NOT going to let a little girl get questioned by the authorities..."

    "I'm behind you..." a voice that I couldn't believe stood up for me; it was my own sister, Abigale.

    "I'm behind you too..." my brother Mason stood with me as well...

    "We will too..." my parents, Darrell and Terri stood up.

    Soon after, the whole room was standing up; they barely knew me, but they didn't want to see my little girl be questioned by authorities, so we all as a group decided to formulate up a story that the authorities would truthfully believe and take our word for it.