F O U R - J E F F R E Y M U L L I N S

His lazy, loud footsteps came downstairs. He seemed upset or just too tired to be acknowledged.

  "Good morning son," I said smiling while eating my bacon, "come down and eat breakfast."

  "I'm not hungry," Lawrence responded with no emotion, "I don't want anything."

  Being the overprotective parent that she was, Maggie butted into the conversation quickly, "What's wrong baby, did you have too much fun last night? Why aren't you hungry?"

  "Did you guys hear Rachel leaving last night?" He asked upsettingly disappointed.

  "No sweet pea, what's wrong?" Maggie questioned our son.

  He didn't respond, he didn't even look at us.

  "Lawrence," I said blowing my breath, "come sit down."

  "I don't want to take a seat dad." Lawrence said, still not looking our way.

  "Now boy," I said demanding him with a mean tone, "now I'm not going to tell your ass again. Sit down like I said, and that's an order!"

  Maggie clutched onto her pearl necklace, not knowing what was going to happen.

  He walked slowly, seeming like he wasn't in the mood.

  "Pick up the pace boy," I screamed, "I don't have all damn day!"

  Lawrence finally sought down, looking me down sternly.

  I chuckled, because I knew that he wasn't going to do anything.

  "Change that mood, there is nothing you can do about it. It will not change anything." I informed him.

  "What would you know," Lawrence said with a disrespectful tone, "you are not in my body."

  "But your body was in someone last night..." I added on to his statement soon after.

  "Look here son," I went on to explain, "I was happy for you to find someone, but Rachel is not the one. She will never be the one."

  "First it wasn't Abigale," Lawrence said laughing, "and now it's a 'no' for Rachel?"

  Before he could say anything else, I had to tell him the truth, "Rachel is a whore, son."

  "What are you talking about?" Lawrence asked laughing, as if it was a joke to him.

  "What is so damn funny to you? She has a boyfriend and she's still sleeping around with different guys!"

  "How would you know this, 'Jeffrey'?" He continued to laugh.

  "Honey stop!" Maggie begged to her son, not wanting to see me get angry, but she was too late.

  I threw the breakfast from the table onto the floor, "Because that whore slept with your father also!"

  Lawrence kept quiet, he was too quiet.

  "What did you just say Jeff?" Maggie questioned me.

  I ignored my wife; my eyes were only on Lawrence. Lawrence's eyes were only on me. We were staring each other down as if we were two bulldogs ready to fight.

  Lawrence didn't say a word, but I could see everything in his eyes. He was angry, it was all building up. Tears slowly came from both of his eyes and they seemed red as fire. He was about to blow up with anger.

  "Go to hell." He responded with anger that wouldn't come out. He spoke it softly, but I could feel all of the angered energy inside of him.

  "Well," I said getting up from the dining room chair, "I'm going grocery shopping for Maggie and I. Since I'm going to hell, I expect you to be out of MY house at the time that I'll be back. If not, I'm kicking your ass out my damn self."

  I walked off, not looking back at my disrespectful son, shutting the door behind me as I walked out of the house.

  I don't need my son. I've been doing so well without him.

  Before I come back home, I'm going to rearrange my 'will', taking Lawrence out of it. He will not get my house, or any of MY family's money.