T H R E E - D A R R E L L R U S S E L L

Tears of the night flew through every crack of every door. Terri was fast asleep, but me, I was wide awake. My daughter was in pain and there was nothing that she could do about it.

I got up from my bed and decided to go to the source of all the cries, into Kelsie's room where Abigale was sleeping.

As I went inside, Abigale was under the covers as she did when she was a little child when other children would pick on her.

"Is everything alright Abby?" I asked her, walking towards her covered body.

"No dad," I could hear her wiping her tears away, "everything is going wrong for me."

"Could we talk about it?" I asked her gently as I softly sought next to her, removing the cover from her body.

"I thought things wouldn't get this bad, but I guess I was wrong..." She revealed to me.

Lawrence and Abby got into an argument over his parents, who are sounding like "racists" in my book, but I could be totally wrong. But, I believe my daughter, so I'm taking her word for it.

"I should die," she said crying, "I need to die."

"Don't you dare say such a thing like that, Abby!" I shouted at her.

"Why am I here? The only person that I loved and cared for doesn't love me back because of his parents. I still blame my miscarriage on those people. I believe that they did it on purpose just because I was BLACK. They didn't want to see their WHITE son impregnating a BLACK girl. They didn't want to have a biracial grandchild."

I grabbed my daughter, holding and hugging her tightly.

"I love you," I said crying with her, "your mother and I both love you dearly. Your whole family does! Don't you ever think that no one loves you when you STILL have family that loves you so much. If Lawrence left you, that's his loss. You will find someone better than him, I promise."

"You know what," Abigale told me while she wiped the tears from her face, "I think all of this is happening to me, just because I'm not facing the truth. I'm not facing or confronting my problems. I won't be able to fix anything in my life until I face my demons and confront the people that created all of this anger inside of me. If I do that, I believe everything would go back to normal. I believe if I do that, Lawrence would take me back."

My poor baby; everything I said, she just completely ignored yet.

  I told her that her whole family loved her, but she ignored it, STILL talking about Lawrence who is probably NOT talking about her...