T E N - A B I G A L E R U S S E L L

Back in Valdosta, we looked through the store for our last home cooked meal that we would make, after that, we would be off to Miami for our honeymoon.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Lawrence asked me as he held my waist tightly as I rolled the grocery store basket through the aisle.

"Of course," I winked at him with a smile, "I am so, so ready to be Mrs. Mullins..."

He blushed with amazement and joy as he continued to hug on me tightly, but that joy from both of us went away as we collided into another rolling customer of "Samuel's Mall".

Our baskets had risen two inches in the air; soon after, some of our groceries came out of the baskets and fell on the floor.

"Sorry about that," a young man said bending down on the floor as he began to pick up his groceries, "I didn't see you two coming."

"You're alright bud," my fiancé said to the bowed man, "it's an honest mistake that anyone would make."

As he got from the bowing position, he looked me in my face as Lawrence bowed his body, picking up our groceries.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Is this really happening, right now? If someone could pinch me, I would really appreciate it right now.

The grocery store customer was shocked at me as much as I was with him.

The customer's grin turned into a big smile, it lit up. He was very happy.

"Wow," he said as he was still smiling, "is that you... is that really you, Ma--"

"It's Abigale," I went over to hug him tightly, "it's Abigale, Mason..."

As Lawrence was finished picking up our groceries and dumping them back into our basket, he was shocked at how long and how tightly I was hugging him.

"Umhm..." my jealous fiancé pretended to cough to get my attention.

I stopped hugging Mason and I looked over at my fiancé, wanting to know what was wrong, why was he so jealous of me hugging this guy that I haven't seen in so long, in so many years.

"Hey there," Lawrence said, reaching his hand out to shake the smiling Mason, "I'm Lawrence..."

"Nice to meet you Lawrence," Mason shook his hand, "I'm Mason Clark."

After shaking his hand, Lawrence began looking at him, mostly his face.

"What happened there? If you don't mind me asking that..."

"It's alright," Mason went on to explain, "it was an misfortune that happened when I was a child. It's a long story to actually explain."

"Oh," Lawrence said thinking and being sort of jealous of me being so close and next to Mason, "thanks for the explanation, but how do you know my fiancé?"

"Oh, Ma--Abigale," he said, grabbing my shoulders and hugging me tightly as he kissed my forehead, "well, she's my little sister."

"S-sister," he choked and then started looking at me, "your sister? Since when has Abigale been your 'little sister'?"

"Since she's been born," Mason responded to my upset fiancé and started looking at me confused, "did she ever tell you about me?"

"No, she hasn't," Lawrence responded to my brother, with his eyes still sought on me, "and I wonder why..."

"It's a long story..." I said to Lawrence.

"I don't want to cause any trouble in you two's relationship," my brother apologized, "but, I think I should be going now."

Although we were causing a blockage in the aisle, causing customers to circle around us, upsettingly, I stopped my brother from leaving for just a second.

  "Mason, wait... before you leave, I would like to invite you to my wedding... I know it's a short notice, but would you come to my wedding tomorrow?"

"It's very short notice," he said as he put his hand back on the basket's hand bar, "but yes, I would love to attend my sister's wedding. But only under one condition..."

"Anything," I said with a huge smile, "what is it?"

"Could my brother also come?" Mason asked with all honesty.

"Why not," I smiled, "your family is my family."

"Do you have a Facebook?" I asked my brother.

"Yes I do."

"Great," I smiled, "I'll message you the address and everything on there."

Before he left, Mason walked up towards me one final time and hugged me.

  It was a hug that I really appreciated, it was a hug that I really needed.

  I missed seeing his face; it's been a long, long time. Very long, it's been too long.