N I N E - L A W R E N C E M U L L I N S

The breeze blew my motionless, wet hair as I got out of our private pool with nothing but my blue shorts on.

My fiancé was laid across the pool with shades on and a blue bikini that fit just perfectly on her body.

"Enjoying this vacation before our wedding in a week?" I asked her, grabbing the towel from her positioned "held" hand.

"Puerto Rico is fun and all," she went on while taking the shades from her eyes, "but I'd rather be back in Valdosta in our own home... and you didn't have to spend your money on the entire wedding... I wanted to help too."

"No you're my queen," I said, grabbing her from her spot and dragging her back into the condo, "I want to treat you with all the nice things..."

She smiled, trying not to blush, but she couldn't hide it.

Abigale was looking at me, and I wasn't ashamed to look at her either. She was my Mona Lisa, and I wanted to look at her for every second that I could.

Rubbing my semi-wet body, my love kissed me on my neck slowly and softly.

"You're mine," she said as she kept on kissing me sweetly, "all mine..."

She was ready, and I was also ready, actually I've been ready, I was just waiting on the right time.

As she continued kissing on my neck, I slowly lowered my hand down under her, pushing her bikini bottom to the side, touching her--

"Stop!" Abigale shouted, hitting me on the side of my head.

I was confused. I was ready and she was ready, so what was the actual problem?

"What's wrong?" I questioned her, confused.

"What do you think you're doing, Lawrence?" she questioned back to me, laughing but serious.

"I thought we were about to have sex right now..."

"You thought wrong." she laughed...

"What's going on?" I asked her again.

"The same when you weren't ready... I'm feeling that way now..." she responded, laying back down by the pool, putting her shades on.

"What's really going on, Abby?" I asked her.

I knew when there was something on Abigale's mind. And at that moment, something was really on my fiancé's mind...

"Is it about my mom," I asked, "because if so, how could it? She's back at our house being taken care of by her sister..."

"Everything's alright with me and your mom, it's someone else..."

"Who is someone else?" I thought in my head. What wasn't she telling me? I've been there for her every step of the way and she can't tell me this one person?

"Tell me, Abigale," I tried begging, "whatever it is, I'm sure we can work on it together..."

"It's nothing about 'something needing to be worked on'," she explained to me, "it's about an old friend of mine. Actually it's Michael, Michael Palsby."

Michael was the guy that she went to school with.

  I don't really have any problems or anything bad to say about the guy, because I barely know of him, just things that Abigale would tell me, like them being the best of friends when they were in school. That's all that I really know about the guy honestly, but why is he on her mind?

"What about Michael," I sought next to her laid out body, "what did he do to you?"

"When we broke up, I went back to Atlanta," she explained herself with hand motions included, "I tried to confide to Michael, but the only thing that he was interested in was making me and him a 'thing'..."