66

"Asset--"

"Asset--"

"Atlas." Bucky cut in, making the director look at him coldly. "Mr Barnes, you have no right to be in this interrogation. Agent Romanoff, show him out." the dark man said, making Steve glare at him. "Come on Bucky." Natasha said, grabbing the man's elbow to nudge him out the door.

"Wait! I have every reason to be here, the boy is underage, and you are all about the law, aren't you, sir?" Bucky protested, making me breathe little easier in hopes he would remain with me. "And how in earth would it have anything to do with you? Considering you're under close observation, you're barely out of your cell, Barnes. As far as my patience goes, you're in no place to bargain." I watched Bucky closely, recognising the flicker of a flame in his icy eyes.

"I am legally signed as his guardian, him being underage gives me right to be here. Aren't you all about the law, sir?" he asked, stepping away from Natasha who seemed to sigh in annoyance. "or perhaps you being here manipulates Atlas' answers?" I frowned, seeing Bucky in a whole new light suddenly. My legal guardian?

"Fury, let him be here, the boy feels more comrofable answering your questions with Buck here."Steve cut in before the two would go head to head. The Director sighed, realizing the Captain was one of his word. "Then he shall stay quiet." nobody answered as Buck silently took a seat next to me, not looking away from Fury for once.

"Atlas, you can morph into an animal, is that correct?" the man asked me, and I knew he was starting off easy. "yes, sir." I said truthfully. "And is it just into one animal?"

"two forms."

"How did you became like this, Asset?" I could feel Bucky tense, but he stayed quiet as I inspected the man with one eye across the table. "I can't remember, sir." he nodded, studying my eyes carefully.

"Are there more experiments like you?" I gulped, but kept my face emotionless. Never show fear to your enemy, they can sense it and use it against you. "I can't remember, sir." I answered once again.

"what's your nationality, boy? Where did Hydra snatch you from?" I never had really thought about it, but I couldn't understand what it mattered to him. "Sir, I can't remember."

I tensed, feeling the man's annoyance take angering turn, but he was good at masking it. "Sir, Director, he needs a bit more time to remember. Its not easy, it took Buck months before he could start remembering. With all due resp--" "you are not leading this interrogation, Captain."
Director siad with ticket jaw, glancing at Steve for a brief second.

Director Fury was getting agitated, and I wished to get our talk over with as soon as possible, I did not like angry people. "Atlas, what do you think what makes you remember?"

"Loki." I said immediately, knowing he had the magic to pull my memories throught. Furys eye widened slightly, and I could swear he rolled it. "I, however, don't think it's good idea. I have much better methods." he said and I wasn't really understanding where he was going with this. He touched something in his ear, never looking away from my confused eyes. "move." the door suddenly opened and a group of darkly dressed agents flooded the room, I jumped up, stumbling into Bucky as I anxiously hissed at them, unable to keep my lips from curling and eyes from flashing. They were heavily armed and they had Captain cuffed immediately, the man not having expected it, two agents were pointing at Natasha who had her hands up, looking at Fury with betrayal in her cold eyes.

Bucky pulled me behind him, crouching down while analzying out our escape route. The room was still as Fury stood up, clasping his hands behind his back. "At ease, Soldier. We have every right to restrain the Subject, step away." Bucky's grip around my wrist tightened as he kept his metal arm outstretched, ready to shield us from the rain of bullets if needed. "No! You promised!" "I gave you a week, and I don't have what I need. Now, we have a spare cell incase you feel like a little solitude would make you respect the law." Fury said in a mocking tone, tilting his head. "Bucky, we'll figure something out! Nick stop this nonsense!" Steve said desperately, trying to pry his hands from the vibranium cuffs holding him to the wall.

"I promised the kid, the only way you'll get him is over my dead body." he growled out, and that was the moment the small room was filled with shooting and the flying bullets.

I growled and covered my ears at the high pitched tone, falling on the floor as Buck dragged me up, punching the agents who didn't seem to have any fear. They kept coming and coming and coming.

It was a chaos, Bucky fought skillfully, dancing throught the bullet rain like death itself, but deep down I knew it was pointless. I didn't want to go thought, i didn't want to be locked up again, I didn't want to feel pain. And that's why I fought alongside the assassin who was so focused on eliminating the agents.

For a second i was caught off guard as one of the agents punched Natasha, and that was all they needed to hit my temple, making my vision foggy.

The sound of bullets and shooting faded, I could briefly see Bucky's determined eyes as they morphed into the darkness. I was carried by someone, not dragged really, which was odd.

I kept fading in and out of darkness. The world was slowly moving, or maybe it was me. Swinging back and forth. I heard quiet humming of a vehicle, briefly feeling something cold around my wrists. I felt the the familiar pinch of a needle sinking into my shoulder.

Thousandth time I was lulled into silence as the darkness itself curled its safe arms around me, singing the song of illusions and tricks to calm down my anxiety.

When I blinked my yellow eyes open again, I couldn't tell how long it had been since... Since what exactly? I tried to rub my eyes, only to realise I couldn't. My hands were tied and my clothes had been changed into yellow and black striped ones pajamas?

I pushed myself away from the wall, looking at the secured entrance of the cell and my heart dropped. Some kind of glass took up an entire wall, secured with thick humming bars. I could see another cell across from mine, large and wide. A man sat cross legged, tattoos covering his neck and half of his face as he grinned at me, malice in his eyes.

I turned away from the man, facing the strong and dark metal wall. I curled myself in a ball and shut my eyes tightly.

It wasn't happening. This was unreal. They promised me, they promised.

A/N

A/N

I'm sorry?

But you guys just wait a little bit more..