07

Well, I never would've quessed it but Winter Soldier was rather warm.

I held on tightly, keeping my claws retracted I sunk them inside the Soldiers clothes, he smelt of chemicals, he smelt of HYDRA.

“Bucky, wait!”

I could immediately tell that Winter Soldier changed his tactics, he started taking more turns and  zig-zaged his way throught, well, wherever we were.

My head was still ringing a little from the ship crash and i was feeling light headed. Since when didn't my instincts warn me of Soldat anymore?

It bothered me, but what bothered me more was the constant jumping and jogging Winter Soldier was doing, while he was pressing me inside of his pocket.

I hissed at him, but he barely heard that. Or maybe he did, yet simply didn't care.

It was quite a few jumps and gunshots later that we became to a stop, I could feel the Winter Soldier holding his breath as he listened closely, trying to detect the enemy.

The Soldat had gotten rid of them. I could feel his metal fingers curl around my body as he lifted me out of his pocked and placed me on the ground.

We were in a small attic, I could see a door that would probably lead downstairs to wherever we were located, small windows were covered with cloth and a ladder that went up on the roof, that's probably where we slipped in.

“Form 3, shift subject.” his voice was hoarse and oddly unsure, it didn't go well with his image. I shifted, staring at him warily. Soldat sat down, his focus solemnly on the entrance. He looked at ease but I knew that he was ready to jump on his feet if any of the enemies were at sigh.

I looked around, that place had obviously been left behind, considering the spider webs and dust that covered the floor and cracked walls. The ceiling was leaking and only then did I realize what the odd sound was, it was water. I went closer to the open entrance and looked at the rain, I jumped when I felt it hit my skin.

Slowly, I raised my pale fingers up my face and touched the cold drop of water, I raised it at my eye level and it fell on the ground.

Immediately my eyes snapped back up to catch another drop of water. It smelt.. It smelt like oil on plants and something else, I couldn't completely tell what. But for me, it smelt like freedom. And in that moment I prayed that I would never forget that experience, it was so fresh and amazing in my eyes.

That was it, rain was and always will be my favourite thing about outside world. It feels refreshing and certainly smells even better. Before I could get too lost in my little world, ear ringing roar of an engine was heard and I ducked away from the entrance. I stumbled back and crouched down as flash of light suddenly shined at the entrance. It was gone as fast as it came but it did brough me back to reality.

Sligh shifting snapped my focus back on Soldat. He had gotten up as well but was now leaning on the wall again.

I knew it was going to be a long nigh.

I didn't mind, I was going to enjoy that dusty small place for as long as I could, come the morning I would be back in base with Winter Soldier.

I wanted to ask questions, yet I wasn't sure would I be allowed.

“Is your name Bucky?” I didn't know where that came from, my voice, it was, it was oddly hoarse and rather deep. Was that how speaking felt like? I could feel my own voice, it was weird.

Soldat's icy blue eyes snapped at me and I nearly flinched at the coldness in them. “Identity such as Bucky does not exist.” he said almost threateningly. I gave a small nod and that was it, we settled in silence.

Not bucky then.

I wanted to go outside, but I could feel a small tug in my chest, I wasn't sure what would wait me there. What could be out there? Which way is HYDRA and which way enemies?

Thoughtfully I stared at the small droplets of rain and enjoyed the cold breeze, I wanted to memorize it, I wanted to remember every little detail of it.

A/N short but I kinda liked it, bebe Atlas' first rain eh