29

I used to think I was the definition of calm and collected, and I truly believed there was very little that could get me really stressed out

I used to think I was the definition of calm and collected, and I truly believed there was very little that could get me really stressed out. After all, I was trained to slit someone's throat without blinking an eye, I was forced to sit in an iron chair while electricity ran its course. And I was to make no sound, none at all. I thought there was very little that could make me worry, because I was not to feel anything at all.

Pietros silence was making me anxious. Because if there was something he didn't do, it was being quiet.

I gritted my teeth to ignore the familiar ache in my wing joints, I knew it wasn't long until my whole back bursted into fire.
I shook my head but stilled when I realized Pietro was losing balance if I kept shaking my body.

So, I kept beating my wings in steady rhythm.

And for the first time in my life, I had no idea what was waiting for me. Or where I was heading to whatsoever. Was I going in circles, or maybe I was heading back towards Hydra base? Something about it made me shudder.

Yes, I had a lot to learn and obviously Pietro did as well, because we wouldn't even be in this situation if he would've thought things through. I looked up and I could immediately feel my back muscles relax and I was in a state of mind. The billions of twinkling stars blinked down at us, and I was breathless.

I couldn't grasp the idea that night sky was enormous and so very beautiful, how could anyone want to miss out on something like that. If it was up to me, I'd live under the night sky.

I noticed there was a streak of light that looked like some kind of bridge that crossed the dark sky. It had more stars, I changed our course and followed it.

“it's milky way, quite cool, isn't it.” Pietros quiet voice turned my focus on the white haired man. I chirped, not realizing I could make a sound like that at all. He chuckled and I immediately felt better, sure I was hesitant what he'd think about it all, but he was starting a conversation and that was already a good thing.

I slowly reached out to touch his mind in curiosity, only to find his emotions laying everywhere. I pulled back, not wanting to get distracted. He was surprised and mad, I didn't know why he was angry. But there was one that made me feel bad, and that was the slight fear that he tried to bury in the darkest parts of his mind.

“okay, can you, uh, understand me? Like, are you still in there, somewhere?” his voice was high pitched and quiet, as if he was afraid of disturbing the darkness around us. Once again I felt like banging my head against a metal wall. I arched my neck to look him straight in the eyes, trying to manage the most annoyed expression I possibly could in this form. I tilted my head for better effect, it seemed to work as he straightened his back and sighed.

He chuckled nervously as I huffed in annoyance and turned away from him, gazing into the endless horizon of deep, dark waters.
“sorry, how should I have known? I didn't, I mean, how is that even possible.” he whispered the last part, and I had a feeling it wasn't directed at me.

I beat my wings, forcing us to go higher, behind the clouds we glided over the thin clouds as the moon shone down at us.
“that actually makes more sense to me, I was already starting to think you're some kind of werewolf, not that they are real or anything. But I don't understand, did they really do it all with science? How's that even possible. I... Once we actually land somewhere, you need to explain yourself” I groaned, making him chuckle. I could feel him shaking slightly. He was cold.

I flew higher, I suddenly turned upside down and watched as Pietro fell towards the deep sea screaming his head off. I chuckled and dived down, following the falling man. “stop it! That's not funny! Help me, oh my god I'm gonna die!”

He tried to keep some balance, but it was no use as he swirled in the air, I however, circled around him, grinning from ear to ear as he yelled at me.

The moment he should have collided with the black ocean water, I snapped him between my front legs and flew us back into the sky. He was shaking, but I knew he was warmer like this.

“that...” his accent was strongly present and his voice was shaky. “was so cool. Let's do it again!”
I looked down at him, narrowing my eyes at his grinning face. “or not, because I have a feeling next time you would let me actually fall into the ocean. Thanks mate. And, uh, can you like, let me back up?”

I looked away from him, letting him know this conversation was over. He groaned “no one will hear about this.” I chirped, ignoring him completely.

I growled and rose higher to hide behind the clouds. It wasn't easy, there weren't that many clouds but I had to hope it was enough. I could sense Pietro paying attention to our windy surroundings as well.

I was confused at first, I looked everywhere, my eyesight wasn't that bad in the darkness, yet I still couldn't see it. I could hear the same, humming noise me and Pietro had heard in the beach. It was unsettling, hearing it, yet not really seeing it.

I could vaguely hear it getting closer, it was making me nervous. “shh, I think it's going to pass by us.” I looked down, narrowing my eyes.

They landed on, well, nothing really. Yet I could clearly hear its quiet hum.

Then I saw it, little ripple of wind. It was invisible airship. I growled, thinking we had been found, only to quiet down when Pietro hit me with his fist. “go on! Follow it, I wanna know what it is.” his voice was filled with excitement as he tried to get time moving.

I groaned, but pushed on, hoping it wouldn't go that far since I'd already been flying for quite some time and it felt as if my wings were going to fall off.

I sped up, keeping up with the invisible airship as I couldn't help but feel as if it wasn't the greatest idea.

But then again, it was Pietros idea, it was far from great.

I wanted nothing to do with that, whatever thing we were following. And it got me wondering why was I even listening to Pietro, he wasn't really thinking things throught.
But perhaps that's what I needed, to once not analyze just go with the flow.

A/N

I seriously hope this book isn't boring.

I know what I want to write next but If you have any ideas or suggestions don't hesitate to let me know :)