49

I sucked oxygen in my lungs, keeping my eyes shut due to the horrible headache as I laid on the cold floor

The woman was not in my head anymore, she was in pain, pain because of me. For what I'd done.
Someone was pushing me down, or more like leaning on me. Their hand rested on my shoulder, it was cold and shaky. Realizing that made me tense and blink my eyes open, gritting my teeth as I tried to push down the pain that sourced through my chest.

"You, lady, will not hurt my oblivious friend, okay?" a raspy voice coughed, awfully familiar, it made me relax slightly. "You okay dude? That chick was truly trying to kill you there." he whispered, slowly standing up as he leaned against the wall, still keeping his calloused hand on my shoulder.

I swiped the corner of my mouth with my sleeve, glancing at the drop of blood that soaked in my dark coloured zip hoodie. "Come on, Atlas. Have they hurt you?" he pulled me up, making me sway as he kept me steady.

"Pietro? Guys, am I dead?" the man with white hair turned around so fast I thought he'd get a whiplash. A man with blond hair stood next to Steve, staring at the man who was currently holding a tight grip on my shoulder. Oddly, I didn't feel threatened by him.

"Damn it, I'm so sorry Atlas. I should've gotten you out sooner. I should've... I should've done something." he murmured, pulling me in for a side hug. I wasn't sure what to do, I was sure if one thing thought. I didn't like being so close to someone, but it felt right to let this strange white haired man have his ranting moment.

A broken voice whispered the man's name, making his clvibranr blue eyes snap at the woman who was now on her knees, staring up at us with her large eyes filled with relief.

"P-pietro. You're alive." she cried out, stumbling up as she made a run for us. Pietro pushed me behind him, immediately going into fighting stance as he glared at the woman, making her stop.
I wanted to slap the white haired man upside head for pulling us into a corner.

I didn't even know why was I siding with him, why was I trusting this guy, but it just... Felt right to trust him.

“Stay there, I don't know how you know my name, and what you all want from us. But we don't want anything to do with this. We won't answer any of your questions, we've have enought.” Pietro growled, making sure the woman understood that he was serious. A tear escaped down Wanda's cheek.

In a blink of an eye, Pietro had heaved me over his shoulder and made a run for it.
And in a blink of an eye, he collided with something that felt like brick wall. We both went scattering on the ground, I clutched my chest as I gritted my teeth in pain while Pietro groaned as he pushed me further away from the people.

I looked up, glaring at the red, blue and white shield that had suddenly appeared on the doorway. Steve's eyes were apologetic, but he didn't wait and speed in the room, making the doors shut behind him. “I bet you didn't see that coming, huh?” the other blond man said, the one I had never seen before.