40

I heard someone's heavy footsteps coming over the half dryed grass in the foggy morning

I heard someone's heavy footsteps coming over the half dryed grass in the foggy morning. The closer they became, the stronger the hum of electricity in the collar got, letting me know that the man was heavily armed and ready to strike if I even made one wrong move.

Lucky for him, I was pretty much incapable even lifting a finger.

The guard stopped, I could sense his uneasiness as he dropped something in front of my face and made his way back towards the gate faster then he had approached me.

My nostrils flared as I inhaled the smell of big, fat juicy meat couple of meters from my face. Yet, it was too far for me to reach.

Act like an animal and you shall be treated as such.

I huffed, blinking my eyes open slowly and tiredly. The growing pain in my back hadn't let me have an ounce of sleep the whole night.

My half closed eyes landed on the steak and I pulled a face. By the smell of it, the meat was at least a week old. It looked slightly green due to being on the sun. The flies and small, white worms on it made me believe it had been left in a warm place intentionally.

Even thought it was starting to rot, the smell of it was still making my empty stomach growl in anger.

I tiredly looked at the flies who flew over the meat, landing from time to time to have a taste.

I swallowed, closing my eyes as I sighed when the rays of morning sun slowly caressed my messed up and shredded back. I flinched when cool breeze touched my open skin, making me bit my tongue.

I didn't move the whole morning, simply trying to distract myself by listening what was happening. I counted the footsteps, the quiet whispers between two hydra agents who kept hiding their affection in fear they'd be seperated. I heard a group of guards having lunch, some experiments having training outside.

But what caught my attention, was rapidly approaching footsteps, they were too fast, i knew only one person was capable of that. And that was no one else but Pietro.

He became to a halt near the fence, croutching low since sun was out and there were no shadows he could hide in. I forced myself to look his way, flinching when my neck cracked and a jolt of pain ran down my spine.

"oh god, dude, you look awful. I dont... What is that?" he asked quietly,his voice filled with disgust as he pointed at the fly-covered steak behind me. "alright, thats it, who do they think they are! They are sick, you hear me? Sick! no compassion, no heart. Thats... Thats abuse. Thats mistreating a minor. Thats... Thats so wrong and your back, dude, ill help you, alrght? Ill help you. Give me a second, ill go and snap their necks, they wont even see that coming." Pietro hissed the last part in anger, he was furious.

As he turned around, ready to go head on into something he hadn't though through again. “Stop.” he froze, peeking over his shoulder, his eyes still filled with hot fury. “Drop it, Pietro. Just... Go away before they get you. They're already... Searching. Searching for you.” the moon haired man groaned, turning towards me.