21

My ragged breathing was echoing in the empty cell, the sound too loud in my ears

My ragged breathing was echoing in the empty cell, the sound too loud in my ears. My hands were shaking uncontrollably, I could barely move myself as I laid curled up under the bed. The cement floor was cold, but it felt like lava was running slowly and painfully slow in my veins, I felt over-heated.

Other Subjects that had been here the day before, when I came, were all gone. Somewhere throught my sleep I had suddenly smelt death, someone had died in their cell. I didn't think too much of it, in the morning the ones who lived through the night were all taken to somewhere, to testing or to training grounds. Pietro included. Of course he had been witty and crumpy, saying that even the prettiest people need beauty sleep.

I didn't know who he was talking about.

No one touched me thought, and I was glad because the moment the doors closed and my heart beat was the only thing in the cold facility, I was hit with another one of my many episodes.

My body went into seizure, my chest and back bursting into pain. My hands were numb as I stared at them wide eyed, startled that I could not control my body.

Cold sweat ran over my brow and down my cheek, followed by cold shivers rocking my body.

I was alone, all this time I had wanted to be alone, right? I didn't like when other Subjects spoke to me, nor when they turned their attention to me and I sure as hell did not like it when someone touched me. But then why did I crave someone's presence next to me in times like this? When I'm unable to control my own moments and my lungs feel as if they're going to turn into ash any second? I just feel the need to be close to someone, for somebody to help me over this sick feeling.

I flinched and almost cried out when the doors opened with loud hiss and the guards entered. I could smell their heavy armor miles away, they smelt always very clean and slightly metallic.
I could feel someone's cold fingers curl around my upper arm as I was roughly pulled out from under the bed. My breath hitched, my whole body was frozen and every movement sent jolts of pain down my spine.

I said nothing as I was dragged out of the empty glass room, cold sweat still covering my body.

I was thrust into a chair, to my surprise there were no straps being tightened around my wrists or ankles.
Small pinch in my neck made me stiffen in the seat, I could feel the cold liquid travel down my veins and soon I found myself relaxing slightly.

I kept my eyes forwards, staring at the table filled with small continents and different coloured liquids placed very carefully. At first sigh the table looked messy, but if to give it a second look, it's obvious everything on it was carefully organized.

“Do you think it's a good idea?” the woman who had stabbed Masinzky the day before voiced her thoughts, carefully stepping around the chair as she studied my features.

Конечно, my darling Anna. It has lived throught everything so far, besides. That fool Masinzky had already started with the shots long ago. There's no reason we should stop now, моя любовь.” Budnikov said, placing the needle he had previously injected me with on the table carefully.