54

The cage was dark, only one light shone above us

The cage was dark, only one light shone above us. I smiled, feeling excitement bubbling in my chest as I curled my toes agains the cold, red mat. I cracked my fingers, waiting for him to come, waiting him to attack. Tingling on my right made me duck, as his metal arm swiped obove me. It left my left side free, and he realized it faster then I did, punching me in my ribs. I flew agains the wall, stumbling up as fast as I could.

The excitement was replaced by anger, the man who at that time, looked like a giant, slowly waited for me to get back in the ring.

The session ended with my broken ribs and black eye, but I had learned more then I ever could from someone else. That's why I smiled up at the man with cold blue eyes. I could taste the blood on my teeth and lips, but my eyes shone with admiration as the assassin pulled me up gently, making sure I wouldn't fall again.

"thank you for teaching me, Mister Winter, Bucky, sir!" I chirped, following the man out of the cage down the corridors and towards the agents waiting for us. "quiet, don't speak out here маленький дракончик." he whispered, his lips barely moving. He was holding his calloused hand on my shoulder as he made sure to stay between me and the agents.

"but you did very well дракончик, I'm proud of you."

I jumped up, snarling at the person who had suddenly entered the lab with loud heavy footsteps, making me wake up from my slumber.

"Bruce? Bruce, care to explain why is there a gigantic reptile I've been doing research of, cuddling in my lab with... Pietro Maximoff? Since when are... What?" the man looked at us startled, adjusting the dark rimmed glasses as he boldly walked over to Bruce who swiped the side of his mouth with his sleeve, trying to get rid of the dribble there. Bruce blinked his sleep filled eyes, cracking his back as he stretched a little. He had fallen asleep in his chair, now blinking in slight confusion as he watched Tony Stark shuffle with his papers.

"oh wow, Tony, you've risen from your Malibu grave. Thank you for visiting the living once in a while." Banner muttered, his bitter tone making me wonder what was going on between the two. "Stop your PMSing Green Bean, Pep took me there by force, I swear, that woman has the grip of a Frost Giant if not Bruce Wayne... Besides, she would have bought that damn wedding here if I hadn't gone there. Don't tell her, but his brother is a pus--" "minor behind you." Stark turned around on the balls of his feet, my nose almost touching his forehead as I breathed hot air on his face, making him take a step back. "yep, I think someone needs to buy him a toothbrush, FRI? Order one, you know what, order two. This one seems to have quite some teeth..."

"Done, sir." a female voice answered, making me look at the ceiling doubtfully. "don't fret, Toothless, that's my Al. And Pietro? Can someone wake him or is he going to sleep and drool all over my lab floor?" I peeked under my wing, making a loud thump with my tail, nearly crushing his head.

The loud boom made him sit up and hide behind my leg. "what a man Pietro." Stark said, humour in his voice as he did something I could hardly understand. There was some kind of see throught computer screen before him.