64

I pulled the soft sweatpants up, feeling clean and fresh after the shower

I pulled the soft sweatpants up, feeling clean and fresh after the shower. Of course I had struggled with the shower knobs. There had been so many buttons the first five minutes I had simply stared at them. Having pushed a random one, it turned on a radio, making me growl at the shower for a few seconds.

There was still a quiet song humming from hidden speakers in the shower, I could really not find any button that would shut it off. "-So let's pretend we're dancing in the street
In Barcelona-" I mentally turned the music off, not really understanding the meaning behind most of the words.

I shook my head, the droplets of water flying on the mirror that took under it an entire wall. I tilted my head and bent closer to the wall, curiously looking as the droplets escaped down the mirror one by one.

I frowned, seeing my own eyes throught the watery mirror. I touched my wet hair, pulling a face as it was still covered with water that was getting cold, tripping on my shoulders. My eyes were brighter then anyone else's I've seen and looked rather frenzied. In fact, looking at the pale pink scars littering across my chest, my crazy eyes and mess of a hair, I looked wild and mad compared to everyone else.

I growled at myself, dropping the facade immediately as I saw my pointed teeth reflecting back at me. I had no idea how to fix my look, to make myself look civil.

I left my dirty clothes and the wet towel in the bathroom and went to join Loki, who rolled his unamused green eyes at my appearance.

"Put on a shirt, Atlas. And please, do dry your hair you're getting the water everywhere." I raised my eyebrow, not knowing where would I get a shirt.

"The drawer right beside your bed, everyone's room are the same at the beginning, if they wish to decorate it themselves, so be it. But when I first came here, there were midgardian clothing already in the room. Well, what are you waiting for? We're gonna start on sunrise if you're deciding to dilly-dally around like a dwarft who lost his axe."

I pushed his insults aside and opened the drawer, surprised at the amount of neatly folded shirts. I picked a random red one, sliding it over my head withe ease. There was something written over the shirt, but I couldn't quite understand what.

I sat opposite of Loki who closed his book gently and placed it in front of me, with a pen and paper.

"alphabet first, shall we?"

After a moment of silence, I looked up, wondering why wasn't he speaking. "when I speak with you, I expect an answer as well as eye contact. Do you know how many humans don't realize they're avoiding eye contact because they are feeling uncomfortable? If you want to be taken seriously, act like it. Don't expect everyone to baby you forever, Atlas."

"okay Loki. What am I supposed to do with the pen and paper?"

"Write down your name. That's the word everyone must know, remember and keep with them till the day they die. How can anyone really make a path for themselves when they have no name to go by?"