26

I sniffed my clothes sixty-seventh time, I couldn't help myself

I sniffed my clothes sixty-seventh time, I couldn't help myself. The smell was unusual and it reminded me of flowers we had walked by.

It was a good smell, relaxing. The clothes I wore were dark, so we'd blend in better. The jeans fit well and the blue shirt too, even thought the material was funny, it stuck very close to my skin. The jacket was a bit heavier material, and boy it had many pockets. I wasn't sure what does one but in a pocket. It would break the flowers, it definitely won't hold water. Food perhaps?

"Hey Noah? Raymond? Bernard? Eduardo?" Pietro whispered, glancing at me for a split second before his eyes tarted back towards the sky. "I was wondering, what's something you'd like to do? Because now, buddy, we have the whole world in front of us." The silver haired guy said, trying to get more comfortable under the half-turned-over-boat that we were napping under.

The wind was bothering me, and I found the boat itself fascinating. I traced the small cracks on the water vehicle. It was old and not taken care of. Oddly, I found myself feelings sorry for the piece of object that was dull grey, obviously it had been made of strong wood once. But now it was just trash near a shore as nature took back what once was hers.

"So, boat trip? You wanna go on a sea. Considering we need to get out of here, that's not bad idea at all Johnathan. As I was getting us supplies earlier, I heard there's monthly cargo ship coming from England. I say we take our shot!"

I pushed my upper body up, staring at him as if he was lost his mind. I wasn't sure he had a mind to begin with.

"no, not like getting shot! I mean, let's take a chance? Go for it? Find a chance and take it? Hop on-- what's that noise?" I held my breath, trying to hear every smallest of noises.

My eyes flickered up, I could hear a quiet humming getting closer and closer. I frowned, not seeing anything in the sky but I was positive in my hearing abilities. There was something there, it sounded like a jet.

I frowned, searching the skies with my eyes. It had to be there, me and Pietro both sunk a bit lower to be out of sigh. Whatever it was, it was fast and invisible. "What the f-- uh, frick. What is that? And where is it?"

As it got closer, I stared at the spot in the sky where it should have been. It flew over our heads, making the treetops sway slightly. It wasn't as loud as I expected, but it was heard. "okay, okay. We have to get out of here. I don't think it was Hydra. Hey, do you wanna go down the village with me?"

That's how I found myself sitting on a soft, red coloured cushion near a large and slightly scraped window. I was tense, analyzing every person in my line of sigh. The only problem was that there were so many people. So many awful smells and talking. Why were they so loud. What was wrong with them all?
My eyes flickered to woman who speed walked down the street. She had long dark and thin pants, brown coat that went over her knees, blond hair that flew in the wind and odd hat. She was talking into some kind of small box. An old man passed by her, his step short and weak, he looked as of he'd collapse every second. A bunch of guys marched by the window, speaking loudly and hollering at the cars.

What was their problem. And why were they all outside.

I could feel my pulse quicken as I madly tried to analyze every person at once. They came, they went. They didn't stop, why were they so fast? Were they all in a hurry? Most of them didn't seem to be fit to be an agent or even a guard. Were they the kind of people Hydra tries to save the world from? And why were they all so emotional!

A hand on my shoulder made me jump and growl threateningly. "Woah, easy there tiger." Pietro sat on the seat opposite of me, he seemed so relaxed and excited.

He snapped his fingers under my nose, making me lean back from him. "focus here, look, I got you a coca cola. Don't worry, I didn't steal it. I stole the money I bought it with. Let's go throught the rules alright? Because I have a feeling that you're not a social butterfly. And oy, stop staring at pretty girls. You're creeping them out, I'll teach you how to flirt later. Now, rule number one. Here, put these on and don't take them off in crowded places." he gave me glasses. I've seen Masinzky wear glasses, his were small and round. They made his eyes look the size of his hands. But the ones Pietro gave me were slightly bigger and black. How was I supposed to see through them?

I put them on, only for Pietro to reach out and switch them over. I gritted my teeth, keeping a close eye on his fingers. "yeah, that's the right way to put them. It's just... I don't think people here are used to glowing yellow eyes. Which is totally cool, your eyes are rad by the way, super awesome. Okay, getting off the track again." my gaze fell off him, to the people coming and going from the place Pietro called caffee.

So easily? They just chose when they came or went? How's that allowed. I studied them, trying to block out the noise. They didn't seem to be answering to anyone, and they just... were there and did their own thing. This is so messed up.

Snapping of fingers made me focus back on Pietro. “Hey, what's up with you? I just wanted to have a chat and explain things. Alright, I'll try to explain stuff before you decided to snooze off again. Alright, rule number two. Don't attack and kill people, alright? That's not okay. Because you don't go around snapping necks. Are we agreeing here? Come on, you know how to nod, good. So, no killing. Rule number three, no more eating raw meat and don't give me that look! You're gonna love crispy chicken. Rule number four, don't go with stranger and stick close to your best friend Pietro. Because Pietro knows best.” he grinned again, making me scoff. He seemed to like getting any kind of emotion out of me.

So far his rules were simple enought, except I didn't quite understand the not eating raw meat rule.

“Rule number five.” oh, he had more rules. I scanned the area through the dark tinted glasses, still very uneasy in this environment. There was so much that didn't make sense to me, but I knew I wasn't going to ask Pietro what those things were. Knowing him, he'd laugh at me. For example, what on earth was the little flat thing everyone carried with them. And why were they wearing so colourful clothing? And the whole concept was a huge mess. They all talked at the same time and I could sense so many different emotions.

“If you have any question, turn to me. Because it seems that your mind has been swiped more times than mine, making you forget more things. Don't worry about it, buddy. We'll get your memories back eventually, and mine as well. But you must be starving. Here, drink that coke. I ordered apple pie for both of us. Let's see how much of a sweet tooth you are, because I sure as hell am one.” Pietro smiled, eyeing our surroundings carefully.

Coca-Cola looked ugly, it looked as if it was some kind of bubbling poison. But it smelled good, sweet. Just like a poison. I watched carefully as Pietro drank his coke, searching his face for any kind of switch or something that'd show he's uncomfortable. He just burped and drank again. I took the glass and sniffed it.

As soon as it touched my tastebuds, I knew why it was neve given to any of the experiments. It was addicting, very addicting. I drank the whole cup, enjoying the frizzing of it, that was amazing.

I slid the glass over to Pietro. “you enjoy it, not just gulp it down as if it's your last soda. But alright, I'll get you another one”

I liked Coca-Cola. I liked it very much.

A/N

Question.

Do you guys prefer male or female main characters?

I prefer male because there are so many female MC's

And just saying, I know this one was a bit boring. Sorry, the next couple of chapter are gonna be more pietro and atlas bonding time

Or do you wish to see more atlas and pietro bonding time and making escape plans and such? Or do you wish atlas to meet bucky already? Because at the moment I'm not planning to bring in the other. Not yet ;)

Final Experiment ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara