23

“Hey? Little dude? You know, once I've gotten both of us out of here, I'm gonna make you some chebureki

“Hey? Little dude? You know, once I've gotten both of us out of here, I'm gonna make you some chebureki. I have no idea what that is, but I have a feeling I know how to make it and how well it tastes. By the way what's your favorite food?"

Pietro asked me, sitting cross legged near the glass wall, facing my bed. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand as his bright eyes stared at me expectedly.
He had messed up my hair after shower again, I didn't forgive him this time either. He was just so damn fast and annoying, and his mischievous smirk always made me want to punch his nose in.
He switched his hand, resting his chin on his right hand now.

I was seated on the bed, trying to get used to the thin mattress, yet I oddly craved the cold cement floor, it was better for my aching back.

Pietro looked up at the ceiling when he realized I wasn't going to answer, again. He didn't seem to be that annoyed by it. I heard the ding of main doors opening, it was time for evening meal.

Pietros eyes widened "ah, I already thought they had forgotten about their hounds in the basement. If you didn't catch the joke little dude, by hounds I meant us, cool people." he jumped up swiftly, he was quite agile considering the amount of muscle the man had.

He was a good weapon for Hydra, if only he wasn't that talkative and childish. Pietro was... Well, he was weird. He talked so much and he was emotional, definitely emotional. I didn't understand why they didn't silence him, if it was I who did all this talking all the time, I would've gotten punished long time ago.

It made me realize I didn't remember the last time I got punished when I had talked out of turn, yet I knew I had received some kind of punishment. I frowned, wondering why couldn't I remember. I was startled by the loud excited yell from the cell next to mine. Pietro was leaning on the glass, his eyes shining with victory. The silver haired young man was something else indeed.

“You are showing emotions, that's progress! You know if you-- hey, Guard-Guy? Is it soup again? I swear I'm just gonna po- oh its fruit salad. How can yall afford to feed fruit salad to us? Wait. Is that raw steak? You guys know I was kidding when I said we are hounds! Jeez you lot, learn to take a joke. Wait, you're not gonna give it to him? It's so under cooked! You haven't even presented it on a plate! No but seriously, you're gonna give the kid a raw stake? He is a growing organism. You can't feed raw meat to a child! Hey, hey! Come back here you knobhead and take it back to the cook! Or at least change our plates! Hey!”

Pietro hit the glass with the palm of his hand, trying to get the guards attention as he glared at the men dressed in black Hydra uniform.
They had given us food without giving us a second glance. My eyes flickered at the bowl filled with fruits in Pietros cell as I munched at the piece of raw steak between my pale fingers. It wasn't that bloody, but some of it still ran down my arm and the sigh of it disgusted me. I didn't look down at my arms, instead choosing to look at Pietro as he yet again, made a fool out of himself.