35

I pushed sunglasses up my nose, placing one hand under my head as a pillow as I rested on the soft grass

I felt that if I ate another cheetos, I'd throw up absolutely everything I had eaten the past hour. Glancing at Pietro, he didn't seem to have any problems like that as he kept inhaling biscuits, getting the crumbs all over his shirt.

"Okay, so, I think we need to do our research. And where do we get to use computers for free? Libraries." he said with his mouth full, throwing the empty bag next to the pile of trash that was between us. "but what do you think? Should we investigate?" he asked, his voice filled with curiosity.

He was asking me. That's a first.

I licked my lips, enjoying the salty taste of cheerios. "I think" I cleared my throat "I think that we need to know more. We can't defend ourselves if we know nothing a-about the enemy." I stated, my eyes flickering up at the tree branches when I heard a rustling in the leaves. A bird tarted out from the thick leave, makinf me relax slightly.

"alright, what are we waiting for? Get up, breakfast is over. Come on, you're so slow!" when I pushed myself up and cleaned my new dark jeans from the dust, Pietro had already gotten rid of all the empty packets.

I jogged to catch up with the speedster, he winked at a group of females as they walked past us, giggling like crazy. I raised an eyebrow at Pietro who just shrugged. "what? Don't look at me like that, it was just saying hello in a, uh, body language! But anyways, tell me." he whispered the last part, leaning closer to me, making me immediately take a step away from him. He didn't seem to be bothered by it. "how does this-" he flew his hands up and down, lookin as stupid as ever and catching a few odd looks. "-this dragon thing work? Were you born with it? Can you like, live forever and do magical stuff? Oh, better yet, can you turn me into dragon?" he whispered, looking at me as if I was the answer to all of his problems. "I don't know. Always been like this and no, don't do, uh, magic. And that's... No, only Hydra can do that." Pietro snorted "Hydra and Hydra, forget Hydra, dude."

"Forget... Hydra?" I asked, unsure what he meant by that. I was getting angry, and I knew that it wasn't my anger, it was something much stronger, meaner. It was the instincts kicking in. "Don't turn your back to Hydra. Hydra is good. Hail Hydra." I said in deep, monotone voice.

Yet, I wasn't the one telling it. It was my body following the orders that had been thrilled into my brain for so long. Not having control over anything I did, my hands lashed out, claws out.

But Pietro was gone from the spot, standing next to me. I swiped at him, getting angrier when I didn't even graze at him. "okay! Yes, yes, HYDRAs cool and good and whatever, I agree! Just, calm down! Hey, snap out of it kid. We're getting lots of unwanted attention right now!"

And just like that, I was back in control over my own limbs. I was breathing heavily, looking up at Pietro startled, the man chuckled nervously. "you back... There, right? Youre here, not, whatever it was, yeah?" I nodded, looking down at my retracted claws. I hid them from prying eyes. Pietro grabbed me by the shoulder and dragged me away from the circle of strangers.