52

Question: if Loki had a kid on earth, what do you think his name would be? (hehehe need some inspiration *wink wink*)

Bucky's night from across the hall was unpleasant. I could hear his groans of phantom pain and mumbling of horrors he saw in his nightmares. It was followed by him puking his guts out.

I blocked out his emotions, clasping my hands over my ears as he kept sobbing, I knew he was quiet for everyone else, but the silence from other rooms was making even the quietest sounds too loud.

As the sun rose I could hardly see the difference between the bright, burning star and the moon. My mind was slightly foggy and my eyes were drooped. My limbs felt as if they weighted a ton, I flinched at the pain that came with empty stomach. It was a gentle, pinching feeling at first. But I knew it would get worse.

As I felt the gentle vibration of footsteps coming closer to my room, I snapped my eyes open and stood up, staring at the door expectedly.

“--you big headed, small eyed little annoying -- oh he's up.” “no shit, genius. How long have you been up for?” Clint asked as he stepped inside the room, he was already wearing his work clothes I noted. Which means, he's either just gotten back from a mission or he's having early training. “he ain't gonna answer you, smart ass.” Pietro snapped, leaning against the door as he rolled his eyes.

His orange shirt was uglier then the one yesterday. Not that I knew anything about fashion, just thought it didn't fit him that well. Guess Clint was the one who had lended him clothes again. I caught the clothes mid air that Clint threw at me. “go change, I can't believe all those people in this building haven't given you other clothes.”

That's how I found myself back in the same lab I had been yesterday, I could finally relax slightly. The smell of chemicals (even thought they were a bit different then the ones back in Hydra) and the humming of computers was familiar, safe surroundings. I stood in the tall box, a couple of lights above me made me see the tinted glass and the object that I had to place my head on. “now, close your eyes and don't move so we can get a good picture, if you start feeling any form of anxiety, there's a button on right wall, press that and all will be shut down. You will not feel a thing, it's a simple scan, Atlas.” i took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Bruce's smooth voice counted to three and I could hear the whirling above me.

It didn't hurt, the whole procedure, I could hardly feel a thing. He took a picture of my teeth and did a brain scan. Bruce was making me show him my claws, he was pretty impressed by the dark and long talons.

Bruce Banner was an interesting human being. His voice was always collected, calm and thoughtful. He was down to earth, his eyes never wavering, only filled with wonder and thirst for answers. He spoke, or more like murmured all the time, he asked me questions, only to end up nodding every time when he was met with silence again.

“I'm very confused, there are small, like pumps, or holes in your teeth. They could possibly be venom glands, like snakes and komodo varaans have. I wonder... Have you ever bitten anyone? Yes? No? Don't remember? It's alright, if possible, I would like to get an example.” the quiet hiss of door opening made me clamp my mouth shut, almost biting Bruce's fingers. He clicked his tongue as he turned towards the door.