48

"Stop with your tricks, brother

"Stop with your tricks, brother. You must be grateful for them to have forgiven you." Thor said, holding a good amount of cookies close to his chest, shielding them from other people.

Loki sat on the couch, facing the city down below. "Forgiven? They haven't forgiven me anything. They are simply relieved I kept their... experiment alive." he said emotionlessly, fidgeting with a remote.

I didn't care about their banter, I was feeling slightly sick actually.
The food, it had been obviously too much. And their talking, did all people talk so much?

I caught Buckys eye from across the living room table, his eyes were thoughtful. I had realized that he didn't show much of his emotions too in a crowd. He just observed. Steve however, tried to keep an eye on everyone.

The room was getting suffocating and I pushed myself up, feeling the need to get away.

The two brothers quieted down. Their eyes landing on my silent form. I turned around and manouvered away from the couches, sensing Bucky getting up as well to follow me.

"Don't follow him." Loki's smooth voice said, earning a disapproving look from Barnes. "he is just going to wander around, your mortal presence is suffocating him." he said snickering. "I didn't hear him utter you a word." Bucky snapped, feeling annoyed with the Trickster God.

"Not all words can be heard."

I walked away, hearing the end of the sentence as I turned towards the lit hallways. "Besides, he did told me. I can read minds, remember?" their voices grew muffled. "Get out of his head!"

I said nothing to you, Loki.

But they don't know that. Was his smooth response as silence settled in.

I wandered around the cold place, feeling intimidated by the large halls. The hum of electronics was everywhere. These walls were something, they felt alive. I sighed, feeling lost once I realized I was actually walking through corridors alone. Really, truly, utterly alone.

I slid down the wall, pulling my knees up to my chest as I hugged them close to my body, placing my head on them. I wiggled my pale toes, not minding the familiar coldness of the floor.

I closed my eyes, making sure I listened to any footsteps if there was anyone who'd dare to break the silence.

Alright, gather your thoughts Experiment BEAST. What is going on.

I had been sent by Hydra. I was sent to eliminate their threat. But why did it feel that the so called threat werent trying to do harm to everyone, but only to hydra?

And what is Hydra exactly? I know their rules. I know their intuition, I know... But do I? Why have I felt more alive here, in the arms of the enemy within those couple of hours then I've ever felt with Hydra.