15

I soared above the clouds, my wings heavy as if there were metal chains dragging them down

I soared above the clouds, my wings heavy as if there were metal chains dragging them down. Or that bloody hammer.
I groaned and pushed myself higher, hiding behind the thick masses of cotton clouds.

The sun was setting, but I was too drained to enjoy the beauty of it. The cold air didn't bother me, there was still firey blood running through my veins, keeping me and Soldat —who I was pressing tightly against my body— warm.

To my utmost relief, the blood had dried, yet the arrow still remained. I could feel it stuck in the thin skin, it had not pierced any life threatening veins. It was clean and safe shot, making me believe it had pierced my skin just like its shooter had wished it to.

Heavy groan left my throat as I yet again forced myself to take couple of faster wing flaps to keep us in the air.

From so high up I could see the blinding sunset, and opposite it I saw the blanket of stars falling over the lands. And we? We were flying right into the dead of night.

It was breathtaking view, but soon my wings were reminding me that flying for so long on pure adrenaline was not healthy.

I huffed and gritted my teeth in pain as I tried to get the wind under my wings as much as possible.

“y-you need to land. You can't keep up much longer, I'd better you land safely rather than fall from exhaustion.” the deep and unsure voice of Soldat said, making me come back from my dreamy state of mind.

I looked down at him, his face was sickly pale and his dark hair was a horrible mess.

Not that I cared, he just looked so... Unlike Soldat.

My focus slipped down through the thin clouds. I saw dark and threatening forest and some mountains looming around them, the mountains weren't that large, but they might have good enought shelter for us, at least until we find Hydra or well, they find us.

I grunted in response and let the wind carry us slowly towards the mountain tops. Before I landed anywhere, I needed to make sure it was safe enought for us.

I circled around the area, going a bit slower after every large circle. My wings were not thankful.

I spotted a cave, it was high enough for us to enter from the sky yet low enough so it wouldn't catch anyone's eye from the sky.

Sighting in relief I dived in, not taking precautions to look it over first, I landed hard, protecting Soldat with my scaly limbs and wings as I crashed on the rough surface.

I groaned after when I felt the burns left by repulsors on my back, neck and on the top of right wing. Landing on those, even though minor, injures wasn't that great of an idea.
I just closed my eyes tightly when Soldat pushed himself away from me, he wobbled up and away from me, resting his hands on his knees.

He looked roughened up, his dark clothes having patches of blood and some holes in them, he didn't seem to notice.

“I-I don't understand it anymore. I don't, I think I'm in shock. There's something wrong, I cant-- I can't remember, you hear? Oh my head.” The assassin groaned as he fell to his knees and held his head in between his hands.

My eyes half closed, I focused on him, bondering over the serum or drugs he was currently on. I never understood serums, I didn't know how scientists knew which ones would work and which wouldn't. But whatever they had injected Soldat with was showing its signs. He was acting... Extremely talkative.

I tried to shift my position to let the cool surface ease my aching wings, only to whimper in pain and surprise as I felt the arrow still stuck in my neck let its presence know. “oh shite, when did that got there? You fool creature have you been flying with that the whole time?! ” Soldat asked as he stumbled up, I looked up at the man with tired eyes as he studied it. This time I didn't growl at him for coming near me outside of a mission, I wanted to get rid of that arrow as fast as possible.

Because it bloody hell hurt.

“water, we need water to clean it up-- no! Don't move a muscle buddy, we'll have to get it done without the extra items. Alright, this is going to hurt.”

I pressed my eyes tightly shut, letting him work. I tried to distract myself with trying to sense the life around us.

Even though in pain and tired, I would redo it all the time if it meant I could sleep in a dark cave somewhere in the nature.

I still had to remind myself not to attack Soldat due to the throbbing pain in my neck. I groaned as he talked lowly, I didn't bother to listen as he time from time hissed when he accidentally touche my blood.

A/n
Alright its short because I'm enjoying the sunset and well, I hope you liked this chapter, feel free to vote and leave a comment!

A/nAlright its short because I'm enjoying the sunset and well, I hope you liked this chapter, feel free to vote and leave a comment!