HE IS PLAIN WICKED.

Nene POV:

I closed my eyes and opened it... More like a blink past time. I can't believe I dozed off while watching this movie for the third time.

My eyes quickly roamed around the sitting room in search of my son... It killed me dearly that he wasn't sitting right next to me like he was when we were watching this movie.

"Ekene!!." I yelled as I sat up. Then I stared at the wall clock and my heart leaped away...

The clock said 9:30pm.

Oh. My. God.
It is 9:30pm. How long have I been at sleep... Nonso would soon be back from work and as usual the first thing he always ask for is his food.

How much he loves my food... I quickly got up and rushed into the kitchen, brought two pot from the cup board and placed it in the basin, then I on the tap and allowed the water to run down upon the pot...

Then I paused. I stopped everything I was doing as if I was paralysed... Truthfully I felt like I had died in the brief second.

The first thing that hit me was a question... Why is the house so quiet?.
Then came
"Where is my son?."
"He doesn't sleep so early..."
"Is he alright..."
"Why is his food still covered."
And to all my question came back one answer.

"He is at the book shop..."

Then came another thought.
"The book shop always closes around 8:00pm."

"where is my son?."

I ran to the parlour almost at the point of crying, I picked up my phone from the chair I had sat on and immediately dialed Nonso's number.

As usual he picks up immediately.

"Hello babe."
He says; probably with a huge grin across his face.

"Ekene isn't home!." I yelled in between my sob.

"What!." He yelled back.

"Wait I thought today is Saturday."

"We were both watching Xena that old seasonal movie and then I slept off cause it was fucking boring. But I just woke up and he isn't home..."

"Have you checked his room?."

"No!, he wouldn't be upstairs by this time aren't you listening to what am saying!."

"Nene, baby, calm down he will be fine I am already on my way home. I will branch at the book shop, okay baby...okay"

He assured me, I nodded my head as I responded with "okay babe." Then I cut the call and ran out of the house...I ran out of the compound and before anyone knew what was happening I was already on the street.

I cried bitterly, wondering what had happened to my son.

My only love.

Ekene.

****

I walked down the empty street, a place i know where one of Ekene friend's lived... Maybe he went to see his friend and he didn't know that time had passed.

God. Please let nothing bad happen to my son. I prayed within me...

I opened the closed gate and walked into the compound then I knocked on the door of the house.

I remembered visiting this place once, it was the first apartment you see before you see any other.
It is a rented building... No wonder the gate is still open by this time.

"Hello please is anyone at home!." I yelled then someone inside shouted in return.

The same person opened the door and immediately she saw me, she recognised me .

"Good evening ma'am... Am so sorry for the inconvenience."

"No problem madam... Your son is here. No need to be scared. He is alright." She said and something within me made me cry even harder.

"Oh. God. I was so scared." I said and immediately she wrapped her arms around me, trying to comfort me.

"Please come in." She said and when I tried removing my slippers, I realised I had none on.

When I stared at her she just nodded in understanding. "Come in dear... He is probably sleeping with his friend."
I entered with my feet looking like it isn't part of my body, then I sat down on the chair in the parlour. She sat in front of me with a smile across her face.

"What kind of mother am I?." I asked myself while I sobbed out loud.

"Don't beat yourself over it. But I need to tell you something before I wake your son up"
Immediately she had all my attention.

"When your son got here, I heard him telling my son that his name is no longer Ekene but Kayode. But it got Strange when he said that he met his real father today and he hates his mother. I thought within me that maybe he ran away from home today because he is annoyed with you."

"With me?." I asked myself... Thinking back to time, recalling every single thing I said to Ekene before I dozed off. But nothing brought back any memories about Tunde.

"Maybe the argument got spicy but as a mother to another mother... Maybe he needs to spend tonight with us. Only if you want to."

"I didn't have any argument with my son today, we just watched a boring movie together then I slept off, when I woke up I found out he isn't home. Why would he even say such things. I love my son and he is going home with me." I said in between my loud cries.

Well that ended the topic immediately.

But still at the back of mind, I knew that Tunde is back to Nigeria and he was the only one who would do this unbelievable things.
Just like when he left me ten years ago. Well I thought it was unbelievable... Until I got to know him and found out that is his lifestyle.

Well... Isn't he just plain wicked.

He gets back to Nigeria and the first thing he does, is to track down my child and then kidnap him.

Only to destroy the little boy mindset of his own mother; who had been with him all his life and give him a new name.

Isn't he just an asshole.