I CRAVE HIS PRESENCE.

NENE POV:
Life is a journey, no one can predict what will happen during the ride to our destination. But one thing that makes us feel at ease on the worst rides, is when we have the one we love with us.
But what of if, no one wants to see you with the one you love and they are ready to make sure you stop seeing each other.
I am internally bleeding and emotionally mad.
    I couldn't believe my mum stopped me from seeing Tunde, I taught she liked him. Including my sisters, but all of a sudden it seems like they don't want anything to do with him.
I had to beg Chioma to help me give Tunde letters, I had written my sudden predicament. But every time I give her she returns with nothing. Telling me he collected the letters but ignored her.

"He didn't do anything mum"

"I don't care, I Dont want to see you ever again with him."
My mum said while sipping her wine from her favourite cup as she sat on the bench in the Garden.
She had just finished pouring water on it and trimming it, she can afford a gardener but she just loves doing it herself.

"But I love him!."
"You love him, tell me Nnena what is LOVE!."
She paused holding back her anger and pain as she tried to compose herself before she explodes.
"Love is sacrifice mum, when you can sacrifice your whole world just to make the other person happy!."

"Sacrifice, well why isn't he sacrificing anything for you?."
She paused "why have you paused your life and then you started living a life to please him, is that what you call sacrifice. Destroying yourself slowly for another."
"I am not destroying me, I love being with him. I am happier when am with him."

"Well am sorry but if you Dont want to press the play button to your life. I will, you know why ?." She paused sipping her wine once more."I am your mother, and I want the best for you. But he is your nemesis and you need to stay away from him."
"Is that what you said about dad before leaving, taking us with you. Because you knew he is your nemesis, your downfall."

"Your father is not my nemesis rather his own downfall darling, and may I remind you that your father left us immediately he decided to wed that ugly girl."

"So what ugh!, I have no father because he choose to marry a girl who could give him what you couldn't. Please Dont ruin my life because of your own flaws."
I said angrily and immediately I saw the hurt in her eyes, she forced herself to smile acting like nothing I said had hurt her.

"Well darling one day you will become a mother and also a wife and then you will finally understand why I do the things I do."
She said and immediately she stood up and carried her glass cup filled with wine with her.
***

I layed on my bed staring at my fan rotating, counting my memories back to time I first met him and the last time I saw him.
He came to the hospital with a bunch of flowers in his hands and a pack of chocolate. I was on my leave that day.
He smiled at me and made funny jokes and he never for once made mention of my incident with Iyke, which I really appreciated.
Nonso also came along and he also apologised for his ex- best friend behavior and swore to make sure such thing never repeats itself again.

       I was happy and joyful until I came back home and met my mum with her new rules.
First she seized my phone and set a timetable of my online lectures with my laptop and drives me to my catering school leaving me in the hands of a supervisor.
My worst teacher "miss Flora."

She is always angry and most time I think it is because of this flaw no one wants to marry her. Who will want to marry an Angry Bird, she is always complaining cause nothing is ever good enough for her.

"Hey sis!."
Chioma opened my door and knocked twice before slamming it and then ran on top of my bed. Hugging me tight while playing with my loose braid.

   I noticed ever since my life felt like a prison she has been more lively like before and even more happier than usual.
"Hey,"
I said while I turned around faking a smile, she smiled happily as she kissed my forehead and sat up.

"Did you give him my letters?."
I asked, as I stared back at my ceiling stretching my hands and yawning like a sleepy cat.
"Yea, well he read it in front of me and laughed."
I sat up immediately, I felt hurt.
He laughed at my letters.
"What kind of laughter was that."
I asked staring at my sister.

"The bad and ugly."
She said squeezing her forehead.
"Why... Was it bad."
I asked feeling very bittered.
"He said, he doesn't really care if you are locked in. But he sure misses your food."
Immediately it hurt me to the point I broke.
"Are you sure he said that."
I stammered.
"Yea I am really sure he did. I was standing right in front of him sis. Mum is right you should definitely stay away from that good for nothing jerk face."

I felt tears flowing down my cheeks and I didn't even have the courage to wipe it off. Chioma brought out her handkerchief and wiped it off for me.
Then she hugged me tight, while kissing my forehead.
"Is iyke still coming to school."
I asked, while chioma giggled a little.
"He ran away, I told him we were going to sue him."

"This is all his fault."

"Yea sis, let's blame it on him."

***
I just finished my online lecture rather than just sitting here doing nothing I decided to look for my younger sister trouble.
Just like old times before I met him. I can't believe he laughed at me and even said it is just my food he missed.
Mum is so right I have been such a fool.

I stood up from my desk and Walked out of my room, following the big hall leading to her room, i pushed the door open and stepped into her room. she was busy roaming about. It seems like she was packing.
Where is she going too,
She had this big bag placed on the bed and had some of her favourite dresses in with some sandals, she had her clothes all over the floor, looking messy.

"Where are you going."
I asked her and immediately she turned around finally noticing my presence
"Camping,"
She smiled brightly, walking her way towards me.
"Camping with who."

"The school is taking us camping."

"Really, mum allowed you to go."

"Yes of course. It is only for student applying for scholarship outside Nigeria."

"So he is going to be there."

"Yes, I am so excited. Am actually leaving tomorrow."

"Wow, that is nice."
I said sadly, wishing I could see him again.

"I heard the exam is about to begin, probably why we are all going camping."

"Wow, I hope you have been studying."

"Yea of course. Am going to kill that exam."

"Yes you are darling."

I hope he is also studying.
Even though I don't want to see him ever again, my heart says otherwise. Cause it craves his very presence.
***