ONE DAY I WILL BE FINE

NENE POV:

I sat in between my mum and Oluchi and we all sat in silence, my other sisters refused to join us and I was left alone with whatever decision Tunde decided to make.

Will he deny me now I need him the most or will he accept me.

His uncle sat in front of me, he eyed me dangerously like a serpent on a mission. At first his facial expression almost made me cry; I felt like a disgrace.

Maybe I wasn't the only one feeling that way, maybe my mum and my elder sister also felt that way.

Surprisingly Tunde's aunt walked out with Tunde's mother and they both were smiling happily. I was scared cause I knew the news we brought served in a golden plate would make them unhappy.

They both sat beside the man of the house and it didn't take long before they began the conversation. "Good evening my in law, how are you doing." His uncle said surprising my mum, who stared at me darkly.

Who knew what went through her mind that brief second.

"Good evening sir, I am very sorry for surprising you with an urgent visit this morning."

"Ahn ahn anything for our in law." He said again and this time Oluchi stared at me; wondering what was going on here.

"The reason we are here today is because of my daughter and your son." She said and surprising everyone their smile grew longer and this time it made my mom smile reappear.

"I know, my son told us last night about this fortunate story." His mother said while smiling.

"You see my son is about to travel out of the country to study on scholarship. He is also promised a very good paying job after he graduate with an excellent result. The only problem now; is if she can wait. Moreover, we will try our best in assisting to raise the child up." His uncle said proudly .

I felt love and respected, but yet again I felt unsure cause Tunde wasn't actually here. I wanted to see him; I wanted to talk to him.

"Where is he sir?." I asked sounding more like a whisper.

"Oh he went to get his Airplane ticket ready, he will be leaving for the united state very early tomorrow."

I briefly smiled and nodded my head, but deep down I felt like crying; when will I see him again.

I guess I should start counting years.

"When will he be back?." I asked staring directly at his mum

"Probably 3:00pm." He replied

"Can I wait for him?."

"Yes... Why not." This time his aunt replied.

"So how many percent are you ready to pay for the child?." My mum asked, starting another conversation. "50/50 percent." His mum replied.

"How many years will he be away?." My sister asked, "probably for 6 to 7 years before he comes down here. There will a lot of chances that he will come for her after he secure a good place for her over there." His uncle said.

"I would really want your son to do an introduction, before he travels." My mum requested

"Introduction?, madam we don't have any budget for that now. When he comes back, we will all do it together as a family." His uncle spoke calmly

"My daughter will never wait for seven years for a man who haven't decided yet to be serious with her. At least pay for her dowry." My mum spoke with so much authority that soon the other family smiles were already wiped off

"Madam, my son is traveling tomorrow, he went to book for his flight today. How do you expect us to do an introduction without the groom being there."
His mum said with utmost respect and kindness.

"Well I guess that is exactly what we are going to do. We are going to do the introduction without Tunde."

Well isn't this amazing, my introduction, Tunde wouldn't be present.

"Madam, I assure you my son will come back for her and his child." His mother tried to talk my mum out of her decision; but yet it all seemed impossible.

"I will never agree to that, please your son whether present or not will wed my daughter." My mum said.

"Nene is this what you want?." His uncle asked me, looking at me deep into my soul.

I stared at me mum, who looked at me like she was going to set me on fire if i didn't go with her plans.

"Yes sir, I will go ahead with it." I said.

"Well that is settled, we are doing the introduction." My sister said, before she stood up, beside my mum

"I think we will take our leave now."
And with that, my mum and Oluchi left; leaving me with the weird family. Who kept smiling.

"How are you?." Tunde mum asked while she walked up to me and sat beside me.

"Am okay." I replied, trying my best to smile. "Am so sorry about all this, I wish I didn't have to do these." I replied; hoping they would understand.

"There is no problem dear, everything will be alright."

And somehow I believed those words.

I believed I would be alright.