HIS WORDS

Chioma POV:

"I am sorry about what I said earlier." I lied, I wasn't sorry. I wanted her to know how much I hated her. But as usual, she always ends up being clueless.

"No problem." She whispered as she sat up on the bed, she had the colors of her room painted again. Her bedsheets where the new brand sheet in every store. Her life seems to be going fine; after everyone found out she is pregnant. The only step remaining is too confront Tunde's parent.

I can't believe what is happening right in front of me; this is the most painful thing to ever happen to anybody.

"Can I sit?." I asked and she nodded, she looks horrible. More like a mad woman. I wonder what is going through her head right now.

"Why did you say Tunde wouldn't end up with me?.." She asked looking sad,like as if she was about to cry.

"I was just annoyed, I didn't mean it." I lied again. "Do you think he wouldn't?." She asked again and I briefly smiled, hoping Tunde breaks her into pieces "who will ever know what Tunde is capable of except you?." The irony made my insides giggle.

She clearly didn't know Tunde at all

* *  *  *

"Hey, what are you doing here." Tunde said as he secretly closed the door behind him. "Aren't you going to invite me inside?." I asked feeling embarrassed that he was offended that I showed up without informing him.

"No I won't. My mum is in there." He said as his face changed into a deep scary frown.

"Why are you even here?." He asked before he held my hands tightly and started making his way out of the compound.

"Tunde." I murmured under my breath, allowing him take me far away from his family. He opened the front gate hurriedly as he dragged me with him outside and banged it close.

"Why are you so angry to see me?." I asked angrily but I already knew the answer to that question. "What is wrong with you; how can you just walk into my house so freely." He said looking at me for the first time with so much disgust.

"Cause I needed to tell you something really urgent."
I said as I crossed my hands across my chest "what is really urgent that you can't at least call me, to let me know that you are coming over."

"Well my sister is pregnant." I said and he looked like as if some one slapped him hard across the cheek. "Which one?." He asked, his voice sounding more like a whisper. "Well which other one have you been fucking." I plainly said and this time I could swear he stopped breathing for some few seconds.

"Nene is pregnant?." He asked himself, I could hear his heart beating loud and it felt like he was going through severe panic attack.

"Yes and she said it is your baby."

"Oh my God. But we only did it once." He said as his hands went upon his head, it felt like he was a dead man living.

"Did you use protection?." I asked, giving myself a little hope that he wasn't responsible.
"No... Fuck, how could I be so careless. No wonder her line isn't reachable, she might have blocked me from calling her. How is she?." He asked, forgetting who he was talking to.

"She isn't fine and she probably won't be. Moreover my family are planning to come see yours tomorrow." I said and he remained speechless.

"My mum would be so disappointed."
He said just like the silly person I knew him for.

"Don't tell me you are planning on accepting the child as your own." I said

He looked at me with utmost disgust.

"Why won't I?." He asked, surprising me, that he would want Nene to keep the child.

"Why would you, when we are together. Deny the baby in the presence of everyone... Then just leave the ending part to me. I will eventually force her to abort the child."

"What the hell!, Chioma what is wrong with you?. I hope you know this is my baby you are talking about and for Christ sake your own blood sister."

"Well that is the only thing we share in common, this stupid blood flowing through our vein."

"I am not and will never deny my child and she won't have an abortion."

"So what will happen to us. Are you planning on marrying her."

"If that is what she wants, don't you see she needs me now more than ever. If I fail her now; I fail her forever."

"If you accept that bastard as your child, it is officially over between us."

"Let me remind you Chioma, there was never an us. I never came knocking on your door to ask you to date me. We were never a couple and whatever we had between the two of us ended the very minute you suggested an abortion."

His words broke me; I cried within me cause he is right. He spoke the truth... We were never a couple.

There was never an US.

And there will never BE.