SHE ISN'T MY LADY. I AM NOT HER MAN.

Tunde POV:

Sunday.
8:30am.

"So Tunde how is that our iyawo."

"So Tunde, how is our wife?."

Mama Jide asked winking at me playfully while she kept on washing the dishes.

"Which iyawo?."

"Which wife."

My mum asked as she kept on turning the tomato stew, tasting it checking for the right taste, or what ingredient was missing in the stew. I stared at the both of them weirdly, especially my aunt who seem happy in making mockery of me this morning.

Why can't she be like every other normal human that goes to church on a Sunday morning. Even right there I knew that I had started regretting waking up this morning and entering into this kitchen to drink water.

"Mum don't mind aunt, she is just joking."

I said preparing for my escape, immediately I dropped the cup that I had used to drink water and turned around to disappear, my aunt just had to be destined to ruin my day for me.

"Not so fast, Tunde. Okay tell your mother about the oyinbo that have been coming here to see you."

"Not so fast, Tunde. Okay tell your mother about the light skinned lady that have been coming here to see you."

Mama Jide said looking at me suspiciously. While she folded her arms and stopped washing the dirty dishes.

"She is just a friend aunt."

I stated

"So there have been a girl coming over to see you?."

My mum asked eyeing me for a brief second before she off the stove and paid attention to my excuses.

"Bisola can you believe, the girl would even cook food for him and feed him. Arrange the whole house, wash the plates and wash his dirty clothes. Make sure he is taking his drugs and to top everything give Tunde a warm massage."

Mama Jide said proudly. I didn't even know she was counting all this little things.
Nene is very hard working and a super cook, immediately I tasted her food. It was all I ever wanted to eat. She is the perfect example of a good wife material.
She is beautiful to even top everything.

I wonder why she is stuck with me, I don't deserve her.

"For real, Tunde is this true?"

My mum asked me looking really excited. I wonder why she is this glad that a girl is helping around the house.

"Yes mum, she is just a friend."

"It is a lie, will a friend do all that. The girl obviously doesn't want to be a friend."

For christ sake, why is my aunt like this. She always seems to know everything like her daughter Funke.
It is true though, friends have limit. Friends wouldn't want to wash my underwear or cook every morning, afternoon and even evening food for me.
I know it is crazy, but I enjoy her food surprisingly more than my mum. I have already started keeping notes for the time she brings my food over. Around 9:25 she would bring my morning food over.

I was secretly praying she didn't forget to prepare it.

"Aunt stop making a huge scene over this, she is just a friend that wanted to help her sick friend."