9• An Answer

*This was such a frustrating chapter to write, I don't know why. I had to start over three times.*

John tried to swallow but his throat was bone dry. His fingers clawed in to Molly's hand. Was Sherlock... Proposing? Did that really just happen?

"I..." John choked. "Yes." He whispered. The crowd went wild with applause and cheering. John noticed Mycroft standing at the very back of the restaurant, eating a plate of cake, his umbrella in hand. John put out his hand and the ring slipped on his pale finger. It fit perfectly. Sherlock gave a dorky smile and kissed his fiancé. Fiancé. Finally, Sherlock thought, finally I can call him that.

John pulled away first, his hands still gripped to Sherlocks coat collar. "I love you." He whispered, no one else heard.

"I love you." Sherlock repeated, knowing those words weren't empty and he could say them for a lifetime.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"So you're the girl of the couple." John's cousin said, down the phone. "Like, you got the engagement ring." John's cousin, Janine Watson, was the only member of the Watson family John got along with.

"No, we're both the man. That's the point of being gay, Jan." He sighed, having to explain this over and over again was so annoying.

"Though for the record, John is totally the girl." Sherlock yelled, so John and therefor Janine could hear him from the kitchen. Janine laughed.

"So will you both be in suits or what?" She asked. Her frankly silly questions and attitude reminded John of Harrie, yet, if anything this made him happier.

"Yeah we'll both be in suits!" He laughed. "It's like you've never been to a gay wedding before!"

"Don't get me started." Janine giggled. She seemed, other than John, to be the only person in their entire family to support gay rights. "Who's going to give who away?" She asked.

"Well, I'm going first and you and Molly will give me away." John explained.

"Two?" Janine questioned. "I'm flattered but are we all going to fit?" John chuckled.

"I hope so! It was going to be three but..."

"Say no more, I promise i'll be there." She said, John could tell she was happy. "Love you cuz!" She yelled in her silky Irish accent. She had been living there for three years now and the accent had just caught on.

"Bye." John sighed happily into the phone. He turned to Sherlock and smiled. "We're going to get married." He stated.

"I know." Sherlock giggled.

"Who's giving you away?" John asked. "Your allowed three tops." He stated with a grin on his face.

"I don't know." Sherlock admitted. "I don't want Mycroft. That would just be embarrassing for everyone involved." He thought silently for a while. "Irene." He said the name thoughtfully.

John furrowed his brow. "She's not your most favourite person." He pointed out.

"Yes but... I can't help liking her. She's that sort of person." Sherlock said, sipping at the hot green mug in his hands. John nodded, he understood. He fell off a bloody building because of her, but forgiveness came easily. "And Lestrade." Sherlock said. "He's like, the best man." Sherlock explained. "You don't get a choice."

"I'd choose Greg too." John muttered. "So, Greg's the best man."

"And Molly can be the maid of honour." Sherlock piped in.

"And Mary and Irene can be bridesmaids." John said, making a mental note.

"And no parents." Sherlock said.

"No parents." John confirmed.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*One Week Later*

"Happy birthday to youuu

Happy birthday to youuu

Happy birthday dear Sherlock!

Happy birthday to youuuuuu!" John merrily sang as he briskly walked into the room, a chocolate birthday cake in his hands and lodes of presents in a bag on his wrists.

"What?" Sherlock rubbed his eyes and took a second to wake up. "Oh John." He smiled fondly. "You know I despise birthdays." He sighed.

"Shut up, you won't despise this one I promise!" John said.

"Hmm." Sherlock grunted. He pointed to the black bag that was hanging in John's wrist. He looked quizzically at his boyfriend.

"Blow the candles out then!" John urged. Sherlock rolled his eyes, and then closed them and blew into the Cake. "What did you wish for?" John questioned.

"Wishing doesn't work." Sherlock said, a little sadly. But John could tell that that hadn't let it stop him.

"Stop it." John said, brightly. "Your not aloud to be grumpy today."

"What have you got planned for me?" Sherlock asked, his voice tired but his tone optimistic.

"Good things come to those who wait! Open these first." He flung the bag at Sherlock. Upon opening the bag Sherlock found lots of decoratively wrapped parcels.

"Who are these from?" He asked.

"Your friends." John simply replied. "Happy birthday, darling." He said, kissing the pale man.

[][][][][]

A/N Hey! This chapter feels really short but idk, it was so annoying to write, I have no idea why. Had a breaking bad marathon last night with my cousin. Good times

Lots of sherlockian Love-

~Izzy~ (I am the one who knocks)