5• Hattie Rose

I really enjoyed writing this chapter :) it's longish, that's why it's late xx

Sherlock wrung his hands together. "She said she'd be here." He muttered to himself, nervously.

"Sherlock we're five minuets early, she'll be here soon." John soothed. The pair stood outside the clinic in the sun that was already hot, unheard of in Britain, especially in late September. Sherlock took to biting his thumbnail as he waited. "Calm down Sherlock." John said, stroking his boyfriends back.

"I am calm." Sherlock hissed, coldly. John didn't try to disguise the hurt in his eyes at Sherlocks tone.

"Okay." John murmured, slowly taking his hand away.

"No... John... I'm sorry, ignore me." Sherlock said. An expensive looking coffee coloured car came around the corner, Sherlock breathed in sharply. "That's her. She's here. Holy shit John, why am I so nervous?"

"Sherlock the last time you saw her she kicked you out of your home. Then she kicked out mrs Hudson for standing up for you. The toughest guy alive would be nervous." John said, holding Sherlocks hand. John would agree that his arrogant boyfriend was a prick sometimes, but he looked so hurt and scared and worried, John could do nothing but comfort him.

A woman in her fifties opened up the car door. Her hair was light brown, with grey streaks. Her eyes were the colour of the ocean after a storm, and she had a face structure like Sherlocks. John began to wonder how someone so beautiful had the ability to be such an arse.

"Sherlock your mum is beautiful!" John exclaimed quietly.

"Now is not the time for 'your mum' jokes John." Sherlock managed to choke out.

"No seriously!" John said.

The lady had quite a large build, not fat, but far from Sherlock sort of skinny. She wore small black kitten heels and a long white skirt that came to her ankles. The blouse she wore was decorated with various blues and greens and she had her hair up in a bun. She smiled a little when she saw Sherlock and John. She made her way over to them.

"Hello Sherlock!" She said, the smile on her face unmistakably genuine. "Hello John." She said, shaking his hand. "I'm Sherlocks Mother!"

"Yes, I've heard a lot about you." John said, truthfully. Sherlock smirked a little at this.

"Shall we go in?" She asked. Sherlock took John's hand and swiftly walked up to the desk.

"Holmes Watson to see doctor Sampson, please." He said at the desk.

"Go right through." The busy looking receptionist said.

#

"Good morning guys!" Doctor Sampson said, over enthusiastically. Sherlock nodded a swift hello and John waved at her. "Who is this lovely woman with you today?" She asked, still sounding as if she had just been proposed to by Tom Hiddleston.

"This is Sherlock's Mum." John said, lying on the table and lifting his shirt, he was used to this now.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Holmes." Doctor Sampson said, happily.

"And to you, doctor." She said, smiling. "I hope you're taking the greatest care of my Son's... Partner."

Sherlock mouthed 'Fickle.' Behind her back at John, he smiled.

"Right guys! Lets get this show on the road!" Doctor Sampson's cheeks ached now.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gregory Lestrade sat carefully on his stool in costa, opposite his girlfriend, Molly Hooper.

"A month." Molly said, dreamily. Greg wished she'd stop doing that. His father had always told him that you shouldn't date a girl for over a month unless you were serious. Greg was not serious. Apparently, one month turned into one year. One year turned into two. Two turned into a wedding. A wedding tuned into a baby. And just like that, that was your life.