8• A Question

*Behind The Candelabra is the best film everrrr*

John flagged down a cab outside the Holmes residence. Sherlock was still shaking, even with John's arms enclosing around him. John turned to Mycroft. "Thank you, Mycroft. Thank you so much." He said, meaning every word.

"You'd be surprised how cool that felt." Mycroft admitted. John smiled back at his boyfriends brother.

Mycroft merely pushed a button on his umbrella and a black car appeared with a mysterious looking woman on a blackberry in the back seat. Sherlock rolled his eyes. "You always were a drama queen, brother mine." He laughed, hoarsely. His throat hurt and all he wanted was to sleep. But he had made up his mind now. "Thank you, dearly." He said, shaking his brothers hand. Mycroft shrugged.

"I didn't do it for you." He muttered, gesturing to John, inside a taxi that had just stopped for them.

Once inside the taxi, Sherlock merely said, "Cancel everything he's told you and go to 1739 and dine, the restaurant."

"Sherlock what are you doing?" John asked, shocked. The driver began to drive.

"We're having dinner, as promised." Sherlock said, dismissively.

"You almost had a mental breakdown!" John exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

"Almost had a mental breakdown, John. Almost." Sherlock smiled. John shook his head in amazement and frustration.

"You are absolutely mental. And that is absolutely sexy." John smirked.

"I know." Sherlock grinned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

The couple entered their favourite restaurant with haste. Well, Sherlock moved quickly but John urged him to slow down. Sherlock bit his nails as they got to the table.

"Hey guys! I'm Charley and I will be your waiter today! Can I help you for drinks?" A kind looking man said. Well, John deduced he was kind.

Sherlock deduced he was 32 and unhappily married with a baby on the way. His wife was a cat obsessive and they had 10,11,12,13...? 13 cats!? He was having an affair with a younger waitress with bleached blonde hair, Sherlock looked around and spotted her, her name badge said Tiffany, that would explain a lot. He was snapped back into reality after John began to speak.

"I'm off to the loo a second, Sherlock." John smiled at him, warmly. "I won't be long."

John walked off to the gents without a moments notice to what Sherlock pulled out of his coat. He shimmied through the maze of tables before he got to the desired area. What was up with Sherlock? He knew he had just been abused by his father AGAIN but he looked like he was about to do something... Bad. Something that could publicly humiliate him. John washed his hands, and stepped out of the room. He hit a wall of blinding light and applause. As his eyes came to he saw everyone in the restaurant crowded around him and Sherlock, who was kneeling on one knee.

His heart skipped a beat, in fact, it skipped multiple as a diamond encrusted silver ring came into view from a navy blue velvet flip box, bronze shiny material coating the inside. John gasp, he could feel the blood go to his cheeks.

Sherlock began to speak.

"John, I am a ridiculous man, and you are a wonderful man. When people say I deserve you I am physically, mentally, scientifically unable to agree with them. Everything I do, everything I am you balance out perfectly. I lack in frankly everything other than mental capacity but when I say I love you, I mean it whole heartedly, and I have a lifetime to prove it." John's mouth was a comical O shape as he took in what was happening.

"Sherlock..." He began, his eyes dazed.

"John, you are my everything, and without you; well I know for a fact I wouldn't be here today." He paused as everyone took in what he had said. "Today, you are the man I adore, and I am the man you have saved."

"Oh Sherlock..." John heard Molly sob from the corner. He snapped his head around and realised all his friends were standing beside him. Irene, Mary, himself, Molly and then Greg. He clutched Molly's hand for support

"John," Sherlock closed his eyes and held out the pretty box. "Would you do be the honour of making me your Husband?"

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Short

And

Sweet <3