8• And So It Begins

AN

Sorry it's late, I left my phone at my mums while I went to my dads for four days. Life is hard don't judge me pls. Xxxx

John woke up, his head throbbing and his eyes aching and stinging. Needless to say, he was scared. For a moment, he didn't know where he was. He didn't know who's arms were surrounding him and he didn't know who's chest he was lying on. His heart skipped a beat.

And then it came back to him. Sherlock. He lay and smiled and nuzzled closer to his boyfriend. His boyfriend. John chuckled. He never thought he'd be able to say those words.

"What is it?" Sherlock asked huskily. John jumped.

"You're awake!" John whispered, surprised.

"Yes. I don't sleep whilst on a case, John." He murmured, his lips kissing the top of John's head. "It slows me."

"That can't be healthy." John said, a concerned look on his face.

"I'll over sleep later." Sherlock said, his tone irritated and his body tensed. John let it slide and rested his head on Sherlocks chest and closed his eyes. "Plus it's 11am." He mumbled.

"Shit!" John yelled, jumping to his feat and grabbing his jacket. "Sherlock you should have woken me up!" He scalded.

"You look amazing when you sleep." Sherlock teased, smacking John's bum. John raised his eyebrows and tuned around, looking fake-tough. "Do behave." Sherlock smiled, moving his hands to Sherlocks waist.

"You behave, Holmes." John said, kissing his head and putting on his jacket.

"Need a ride home?" Asked Sherlock standing up and pulling off his top. John turned around, his mouth open. He touched Sherlocks chest and stroked his hands down to his boyfriends hips.

"Put your shirt on first." John said, resting his head on Sherlocks shoulder nervously, letting his strong arms consume him. "No one else is aloud to see this." He chuckled.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Irene sat on the Park bench in a black hoodie, black jeans and black converses. Her hair was scraped back into a ponytail. She saw the man she was looking for, and slowly walked towards him.

"Sebastian Moran?" She asked the tall dark figure.

"I am he." A deep voice said from the hood. "Do you have what Jim wanted?"

"Yes"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sherlock walked through his front door. Having safely delivered John home and checked that Molly had gotten back to her university, he was happy. This soon changed as he saw two angry faces glaring at him as he waltzed through the door.

"Care to explain where you've been, Sherlock?" His mother asked, her arms crossed.

"Crime scene." Sherlock answered. He knew that lying was a particular strong point for him, so he wasn't worried.

"Of course." His father laughed humourlessly. "And who was that blonde boy you led out of our property this morning? Mrs Hudson can't... Or won't... Tell us."

"His names John." Sherlock said, telling the truth to his parents. A first. "He's a boy from Baskerville Uni, I was helping him with some studying." This also wasn't Sherlock had dropped in a few notes on human anatomy for the medical course John was starting next week. He'd be at home with Harrie still, given her current state of mind and the fact John lived about a minuet away from campus. It wasn't a lie, he had just left a lot out.

"I don't believe you." Mr Holmes sniffed, haughtily.

"Well your not going to are you." Sherlock snapped. "You're you."

"Behave Sherlock." His mother hissed.

"Must dash, got a crime to solve." Sherlock smiled fakely, his teeth showing a lot and wrinkles appearing by his eyes. He rolled his eyes and ran up the stairs and locked his bedroom door once inside it. He noticed something rather odd.

There was a DVD with his name on it resting on his bed. Upon closer examination, he realised there were little red hearts decorated around his name. But not silly little love hearts, no. These were like human hearts. Each drawn with such accuracy and precision. They were so... Real.

Sherlock felt fear creep up his back onto his neck. This was odd. He didn't recognise this handwriting, his window was locked and un smashed, his parents would have caught someone running around 'their property' in five minutes. And Mycroft would have noticed something.

Sherlock, without nerve, put the DVD into his television and sat on his bed. Probably just a joke from Gavin. He thought. But a man came onto the screen. A man Sherlock had never seen before.

The man had dark hair and blue eyes, dyed eyelashes. Gay, Sherlock deduced before the man had began to speak. "Hello Sherlock." He said in a dazed Irish accent. "My names Jim. Jim Moriarty." He said, still using the same dream-like monotone. "You remember this?"

A clip played of Sherlock and John the night before. Sherlock smirked at the television, was this supposed to scare him? His parents had spied on him better than this 'Jim Moriarty.' The clip stopped just after Sherlock had straddled John during kissing, after him agreeing to being his boyfriend.

"Isn't that adoooorable." The Irish accent cooed. "So lovely Mr Holmes, really lovely. But not everyone would think that." Motiarty looked down at his hands and smiled, giggling. "Like... Your parents...? Your grandparents...? I don't know? Here's the deal Holmes." Moriarty looked back into the camera. Sherlock shivered as Jim's eyes met his. "You'll leave John Watson. You will, or I will kill..." He paused as if to think, though Sherlock already knew who it was. "Her." Moriarty whispered. The camera shakily pointed at Irene, who was in a black hoodie, black jeans, and black converses with her hair pulled back in a messy ponytail. She was tied to a wooden chair, a gag in her mouth. A mix of mascara and tears was pouring down her cheeks.

"Do you want her to die?" The words flashed up on the screen. Sherlock gasped as the screen went blank.

Leave John, or kill Irene. It was so simple, but so complex, what Sherlock knew he had to do.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Lovely acting from our favourite girl." Jim laughed, tickling Irene under the chin.

"You realise he's on the way here?" Irene asked, irritated and rubbing her wrists, they were sore from the rope.

"Oh god yes!" Sebastian laughed. "We've got a surprise just for him!"

And that's when John was pushed, tied to a chair and gagged, right in front of Irene. His eyes widened. "This wasn't what I asked for." Irene said, her voice breaking halfway through the sentence.

"I don't care." Jim's voice laughed.

A/N

What are we thinking!? MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAA! Hope you guys enjoyed! Don't forget to like and comment, it's really encouraging!!! Xxx

Lots of sherlockian love,

~Izzy~