4• Sherlock's Mother

"John something terrible has happened." Sherlock said, his tone deadpan.
"What is it?" John asked sleepily. He had just woken up and he couldn't process much. "This isn't about Greg and Molly's one month anniversary is it? Because its 8am and I love them dearly, but I couldn't give a shit at the moment."
"No it's worse." Sherlock said, chewing his bottom lip, nervously.
"Oh fuck, it's not our anniversary Is it?" John gasped.
"No, that's another month away. You swear a lot when you're tired." Sherlock observed.
"I swear a lot when I'm woken by you shouting abuse at a text message." John muttered, picking up Sherlocks phone and looking at the offending message.

Morning Sherlock, I would like to come to your partners next scan. While I still disapprove of your current relationship, I may as well be part of my grandchild's life. ~Mother.

"Sorry Sherlock, but your mom is a bitch." John said, looking disgusted at the phone. "May I?" He asked, gesturing to the phone. Sherlock nodded and curled up on the sofa. John swiftly typed a reply.

It is my boyfriend and my choice weather you are a part of our children's life.

John sat next to Sherlock, who was still curled up, tiny. John had observed Sherlock did this when ever his family or something he was sensitive about was mentioned.
John kissed the side of Sherlocks head, making him sit up, still curled up. John sat cross legged next to him, facing him. His managed to get Sherlocks head out of the curled up shirtless ball. John kissed the top of Sherlocks neck, making him shiver. John pulled away. "Hey don't stop you bloody tease!" Sherlock said loudly. John stood up. "Get back down here you little shit."
"You swear a lot when your turned on." John giggled.
"I swear a lot when you cock-tease." Sherlock muttered, standing up. "Are you going to finish or am I going to have to throw you out the window multiple times."
"We live in a one story flat, sherlock."
"I will take you to the nearest house that has an upstairs and throw you out."
"Only if you can catch me." John smiled, running into the bedroom and locking the door.
"Bastard." Sherlock smiled. "Oh well just have to finish myself then." He sighed, with humour.
"Hey hey hey!" John unlocked the door. "Don't jump to conclusions."
"Can I hump to conclusions?"
"Yeah sure why not?"
•••••••••••••••••••••••
"Come ON John!" Sherlock yelled from the doorway. "We have to be at this restaurant for 7:30! It's 7:25 now!"
"Hold on! I'm four months pregnant, cut me some slack!" John yelled back. He came out the door wearing a white shirt and black suit trousers. Sherlock looked him up and down, he smiled at John's tinted red cheeks and shimmering eyes, his hair, perfectly styled and his hands nervously playing with themselves.
"You look... You look perfect, John." Sherlock smiled, his eyes drifted to John's lips. Behave, he told himself.
"Thank you, my love." John said, taking his coat. The nights had become colder and darker since September had begun. "Remind me why we're going out again?" John asked his boyfriend.
"Molly and Greg...?"
"Oh yeah." John said, a little deflated. Sherlock opened the door and John looked out, pained. "Can't we pretend your sick?"
"What? Why?" Sherlock asked, confused at why his boyfriend, the extrovert of the pair, was suddenly so keen to be indoors. "If its about the bump..."
"No, no, it's just... I really want to spend some times just you and me, you know?" John explained. "Just have a night in. I miss just being lazy and doing nothing and you don't have a case on or anything so I just..."
"Oh John." Sherlock said, sarcastically disappointed. "I feel so sick, I'm afraid we'll have to stay in."
"What a shame." John smiled, kissing his boyfriend.
#
"Hey, Molly..."
"John! Where are you?"
"Sherlocks sick! He can't come out, sorry."
"Oh, don't worry."
"Ssshhhh! Heh..."
"What was that?"
"Oh... Nothing Molly, enjoy your evening!" John ended the call.
"Sherlock! You almost blew my cover!" He wined.
"But I didn't." Sherlock said, tapping his boyfriends nose. John sighed, defeated. "Movie?" Sherlock asked.
"Of course." John confirmed, going to the cabinet where he stored the DVD's. Sherlock slumped lazily on the sofa, the big duvet lying over him. "Disney or horror?" Sherlock thought for a while.
"Disney."
"Really?" John asked, surprised.
"Yeah, you prefer it." Sherlock said, a big grin on his usually monotone face. "Plus people in horror movies are idiots."
"You think everyone is an idiot." John pointed out, taking out all the Disney movies he could find.
"I don't think you're an idiot." Sherlock said, biting his bottom lip.
"I don't count." John said, a little sadly. Sherlock gasped, got to his feet on the sofa and jumped off of it.
"You always count. You count more than anyone else I've ever met. You are the bravest and the wisest man I have ever met. And you deserve so much better than what you have gotten. You count. And I love you." Sherlock stated.
"You're such an idiot." John breathed, leaning in to kiss his
boyfriend.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sherlock sat contently on the sofa his legs out in front of him, with John between them, laying on top of him. Watching 'Toy Story 3'. It had been ages since John watched it last, and sherlock had never seen it.
"This was Harrie's favourite film." John mumbled, throwing popcorn in his mouth. "She was absolutely in love with it."
"I can see why, it's... Good." Sherlock agreed. "I don't trust that Strawberry bear though..."
"Watch and see." John said. He nestled a little further into Sherlocks chest and neck, taking his hands and placing them on the bump. "Did your mum reply?" John asked. He didn't want to give Sherlock another 'episode'.
"Yeah." Sherlock said confidently, though John didn't miss the wobble in his voice.
"Anything interesting?" John asked, squeezing Sherlocks hands.
"Well yes... Actually." Sherlock said. He flipped out his phone and showed John the message.

Sherlock please. I messed up with you and Mycroft, I know I did. I apologise for not approving of your relationship with John, I suppose you are always against things you do not truly understand. I still don't understand, but that shouldn't stop me being a grandmother, should it? Please consider. ~Mother.

"Wow." John said, his eyebrows arched. "I didn't expect that."
Sherlock sighed. "Me neither. What do you want to do?"
"This is between you and your mother, Sherlock. The scans not tomorrow but the next day, if you wanted to invite her?" John span round to face his Sherlock.
"I don't kn..."
"What do you want to do?" John asked. Sherlock bit his lip, and wrote his mother a reply:

The scan is on Sunday at 9:45am at Saint Bart's maternity clinic. Meet John and I outside if you would like.