Chapter 45

CHAPTER 45:

I walked out on them dragging Stephen with me. The atmosphere's starting to heat up at hindi ko alam kung ano'ng pwedeng gawin ni Zach. Buti na lang hindi pumatol si Stephen.

We were waiting for a taxi outside the mall nang bigla namang sumulpot yung dalawa. I didn't notice na sinundan pala nila kami.

"Zach wait!" Tina's running after Zach, who is after us.

"What are doing Zach" tanong ko nang makahabol na siya.

Zach didn't answer and only showed me his stoic-face.

"Are you two fighting?"

Bago pa siya makasagot pumasok na sa eksena si Tina kaya natahimik kami. Napayuko naman si Zach na natahimik na nagmura bago humarap kay Tina na nasa may likod niya.

"We're talking, Tina" cold na sabi ni Zach. As if he's saying that she shouldn't have interrupted.

"Sorry. I was only worried 'cause you didn't even finish your meal" may pag aalalang sabi saka lumapit kay Zach. "Are you sure you're okay? You seem sick. Look, I can call your sister to—"

"Nothing's wrong with me Cristina. Now, will the two of you  leave"

My eyes widened to his outburst. Obviously, the last person he wants to deal right now is my cousin and Steph. And knowing Zach, he's careless to what can possibly happen or to what would someone feels.

Goddamit Zach!

"Uhm look Tina, it's nothing" I butted in to break the tension between the two. Tina was obviously shocked to what he just said while he on the other hand is pissed. "We can definitely talk about this next time" I shaped a smile on my lips and started to make my way out.

But the damn boy wouldn't just give up.

"Oh yeah? You mean next time when you and Stephen are back together? Is that what you mean next time, huh Amber?"

I mentally slapped my forehead when Zach said.

Okay Amber. Relax. You wouldn't wanna mess this up.

"Don't drag Stephen into this conversation. He has nothing to do with this." I gritted my teeth.

If he's pissed off. So am I!

He smirked bitterly "So now you're defending him"

I balled my hand into a fist and exhaled all my anger, trying to be calm as possible. I was looking at him intently as he does the same to me. The only difference is that, his eyes speak with hope and fear.

Fear of what?

"I'm not defending anyone. I'm saying something obvious"

"Obvious like what? You're still in love with your damn ex?" he said, playing with his mouth into sarcasm and hate.

What the heck? How dare he turn this conversation into me? Into something like this –shit?

"You know what? Think whatever you want. I'm done with you"

"Are you that stupid not to get over him? What, you'll run like damn puppy back into his arms again and play like a dumb little girlfriend?"

"Zach. . ." Tina automatically screens herself on Zach and held his hand motioning him to stop.

"What? It's true, isn't it?" he challenged, raising his brow at me.

"Zach, please" once again Tina stop him.