Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19:

I looked through the window and watch as the cars slowly move.

"Damn it" I heard Zach groan beside me when we were caught by the traffic, and worst is it starts raining hard.

For almost five minutes of waiting for the traffic his phone rang. I glanced at him and his expression changed the moment he answered his phone.

"Where are you?" I heard him say "What?!" he groans "No, stay there. Wait I'll call him"

He ended the call just when the traffic starts moving. He stopped the car beside the street and starts calling someone in panic.

What's going on?

"Pick it up" he muttered. "Shit" he put down his phone as his grip tightens. "Stupid rain" he hissed and starts dialing on his phone again.

"What's wrong?" I broke the ice.

"I need to go and Pol isn't picking up"

Ow. So he's trying to reach his driver. But why does he suddenly need him?

"So?"

"I need him"

"What for? Marunong ka namang mag drive" I rolled my eyes

"You don't understand" he stared at me "I have to be there as fast as I can"

"Drive as fast as you can, simple"

"I can't" he looked away

Why not? I want to ask him but I know it's none of my business so drop it.

"So hindi na tayo susunod sa barkada mo?"

"I don't think so"

"Great, then bababa na'ko dito"

I didn't think twice and got out since he stopped the car exactly at the bus stop. I stood a meter away from his car waiting for a taxi when I keep accidentally glancing at him with the same expression, pissed while holding his phone. Then an idea crossed my mind.

Should I—NO!

My mind and heart had a little argument before I released a deep sigh.

Better thank me after this, Ren.

I shrugged and walked back to his car. He almost jump when I harshly open the door.

"What—"

"Let me drive" I cut him

"What?"

"Let. Me. Drive" I repeated

"You can drive?" he asked in disbelief.

Boy, you're dealing with a drag racer. Jerk

"Yes" I open my palm "Key"

"I'm serious when I told you I'm in a hurry"

"Just get the hell out of there and give me your key so we can go"

He hesitated for a moment but then gave his way. I started the engine and drove off.