Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26:

"Miss Anne?"

"Ha?" I blinked twice and got into my senses

"Yung meeting po magsisimula na"

"What?!" I stood from my seat and panicked

"In two minutes miss"

I quickly fixed my things and gather the needed documents and walked to the conference room.

What is happening to me? Why am I spacing out? Ugh!

I shook my head and finally ran towards the conference when someone suddenly bumped into me when I'm making a turn on the corner of the hallway.

When I look up I saw Zach blankly looking at me then flashbacks about last night showered my head again.

"You can't" I mocked; I know he can't do it the last time I challenge him he got scared.

"I can't?"  He raise his brows slamming the cup noodles on the table which made me jump and without notice he walks into me trapping me with his arms and lean really close.

"Try me now" he challenged.

I know I shouldn't be scared cause he used this strategy before but what is scaring me this time is the way he talked and looked.

He seemed . . . serious

"You're not serious . . . are you?" I asked, trying hard not to stutter.

"What if I tell you I am?"

"I was just . . . kidding"

"I'll let you off this time" he roughly said and turned back but before reaching the door he faced me again "But if you dare taunt me again I'll give you what you're looking for" he continued and walk away then I heard the main door opened and closed again.

I sighed and lean on the wall touching my chest and feeling my heartbeat.

Will he really kiss me if I didn't take it back?

"H-Hi" I said.

But instead of greeting back he just grinned.

"What?" I ask a little annoyed

"You're nervous"

"I'm not"

"But you're stuttering"

My brows rose up of what he said.

"You don't know me that much to say that" I spat

"Maybe I don't" he smirked

"You know what? Just back off" I rolled my eyes

"Where are you going anyway?"

"Conference—Oh shit!" I stepped back and started running.

"Hey Amber!" he called

"Let's talk later I still have a meeting!" I shouted back

"But the conference room is this way"