Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12:

My hand starts to shake when his phone starts ringing.

This life sucks! Wala na talaga akong mukhang ihaharap. Damn! It's the end! Don't answer the phone. Don't answer. Please don't answ— 

"What?" he said

What's 'what'? Isn't it supposed to be 'Hello'

  I remain silent. 

"Hey!" tawag niya ulit sa'kin

This is embarrassing. What am I going to say? Gah!

"Are you going to say something or not?" he said in a pissed tone.

CRAP!

"Stop acting like some kind of stranger, will you? Just for you to know I got your number so stop with the stalker mode"

I didn't say anything.

"Fine I'll hang up—"

"Uhh . . . " I finally uttered

"Nice choice of words" I can feel the bitterness of his words. "So what's with the call?"

"Okay." I took a deep breath "Just remember whatever I will say don't ever think that I like you. I really don't honestly —"

"What are you going to say?"

EAT YOUR PRIDE ANNE! You'll be sleeping in the street if you don't.

"Can we meet?"

ASDFGHJKL!  Silence filled the line.

~Kruu kruu

"Zach" I called him but he didn't answer. I glanced at my phone but he's still on the line though.

What's his problem now?

"Look, kung ayaw mo it's fine—"

"Where are you?" he cut me.

Is he serious?

I shook my head. Gosh wag ka ng choosy go na yan.

"Starbucks, where we met" then the line went dead.

I took my order and seated on the corner of the place, I'm just making sure that no one will see me in this state. And to think I'm still in my uniform which is MORE shameful. Baka sabihin nila makikipagtanan ako.

Thirty minutes had passed and even his shadow is nowhere to be found. I keep glancing at my phone and even a single text is none. My hand tightens as I grip my cup, I even gritted the straw because of impatience.

I stared angrily in front of me imagining he is there.

He freakin made me wait. WTF. How foolish of you to believe that he'll actually come and see you Anne.