chapter forty six

qotc: 5s or 5c?

******************

CHRIS'S POV

After the party, I headed up to my room. Well hayes room. I had four envelopes on my suit case. I scrunched my eye brows together, and hesitantly picked one up.

It was a plain white envelope, and it said: Rebecca, Lorraine, Christiana, and Coraleigh. It was dads hand writing, and so were the rest. He wrote all our full names. He never does this. He's never even called Lola or Cora by their full names, ever. Or even written them.

I slid my thumb under the seam, holding the envelope shut. It ripped open, and I saw a crumpled piece of paper with dads hand writing on it.

It said:

Rebecca, Lorraine, Christiana, and Coraleigh,

Hello girls! This is daddy, and I'm writing this from Austria, so I'm not sure when it will get to you girls. But I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Mom and I are struggling right now. I'm working for money, because we got it taken away because of what your mother did. I am getting money, and a Fair amount, just not very quickly. I am not going to be home for a very very long time. I'm not sure when exactly, but somewhere around next thanksgiving or Christmas. So we're going to be away longer than we thought.

Mom won't be out until the end of the summer. Until Rebecca comes home, you aren't allowed home. Rebecca, you are in charge once you girls are allowed home. Elizabeth will make sure everything is alright, and if something is wrong, im sure she'll help.

Mom will be joining me after she is out, and we won't be back until thanksgiving or Christmas. We need money, and doing this is all goig to help.

Just know that we love you four very much. And doing this will help our family for the better.

While your mom and I are gone, we are getting divorced. Not because we are having issues, it is because we need money, and divorcing will do that. And we will get back together once we have all the money, which should be sometime in February.

I promise you all that it's going to be okay. In the end it will be. Don't worry. You have the griers, and Christiana, we are sending something for you. It should get there around spring break.

I love you girls. Please be good, and I promise that I'll see you very very soon.

Love,

Daddy

Tears dropped from my eyes as I read every word. I can't even process what's happening. I grab the other three envelopes and I wipe my eyes and stomp into the guest room to show Cora and Lola.

I knock viciously at the door. "Hold on!" Someone shouts. Cora.

"Cora open the damn door!" I shout, knocking again.

"Hold on, chris!" She says again.

This time I don't even care. I twist the door knob and swing the door open. She was on face time with Jayden, and she was dressed in all of these props and scarves and things. I shove her out of the way and sit at her desk chair.

"Excuse Cora I need to talk to her" I say sweetly with a fake smile.

"No! We were in the middle of something!" Jayden complains.

"Too bad" I spat at her.

"I'll just send the spells to curse you" she said crossing her arms.