chapter three

hi

******

CHRISTIANAS POV

"So are you two dating?" Christina asks, looking at Hayes and I. My eyes went wide, with disbelief, and so did Hayes.

"No no! We are just best friends" I say smiling at Hayes, who wouldn't stop staring at Christina. She smiles, and continues to talk to Hayes. "Hayes are we -" I started to say but he cut me off by putting his hand in my face. I just laughed a little, and then tried to listen to their conversation. But I couldn't get into it. They wouldn't let me. They would just like push me away from the conversation. It got me a little..frustrated considering Hayes always let's me in.

The bell finally wrung, and I turned around to put my books in my backpack. When I turned to look at Hayes, he was gone. My eyes wondered to the door to see Hayes walking out of the classroom. With Christina. Frustrated, I collect the rest of my belongings and stomp out of the class room. I walk through the overly crowded hallways, and finally made it to History. I go to the back of the room, where Hayes has his backpack in the seat next to him. I'm assuming it's for Christina. I turn around when Hayes stops me. "Chris? Come back, your seat is right here" Hayes says moving his backpack. I smile, turn around, and gladly take my seat.

I look around and see Christina coming into the room. "Hayes she's sitting in my seat" Christina looked at me and Hayes confused. "But Chris and I always sit next to eachother. It's okay you can sit in front of me" Hayes said smiling. She does so, and turns around and starts blabbing to Hayes. I am happy for Hayes, that he has a new girl that he likes. But I feel weird. Not upset, but not angry. I've never felt this way before, like ever.

The teacher comes in and settles everyone in. She takes attendance, and starts talking. As usual I don't listen. I would be talking to Hayes, but she's to busy talking to Christina. "Mr. Grier? Ms. Davids? Please stop flirting during my lesson" the teacher says. Hayes laughs, and Christina blushes.

Flirting.

Flirting.

That word. It was bugging me. Were they flirting? They were talking, and she was fluttering her eyelashes, and blushing like crazy. Hayes also seemed to be enjoying the 'flirting'. Okay, I need to stop with this. I don't like him. I can't like him. We're best friends. It would ruin everything.

Class passed on, and eventually it was time for Art. Where me and Hayes used to have paint fights. I stood up, not even bothering to wait for him, considering he would probably be with Christina. I stomp to art, and bump into Stephanie in the hallway. "Hey steph" I say and she smiles. "Hey Chris! You okay?" She asks me. Steph and I have been friends, almost as long as Hayes and I have.

"Y-Yeah. I'll tell you everything later" I say before walking off.

I finally get to art, and take my seat in the back as usual. Hayes comes in, and scans the room. When he finally sees me, he sits down next to me. "Chris why did you leave me there in history? We always walk together" he says looking right at me. "Figured you would be walking with Christina" I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Well I was going to walk with my best friend. But she ditched me, so now she's going to get extra whipped cream in her hair" Hayes smirks, and winks. I punch him in the shoulder, and he laughs at my anger. I laughed, and looked into his eyes, and he looked into mine. It was weird. I've looked into his eyes a billion times, and this time was....different.

To ruin the moment, Christina came strolling in, and sat right next to Hayes. So Hayes was in the middle. "So Hayes what are we doing tonight?" She asked putting her chin on her hand, that's being supported by her elbow.

"Um actually Chris and I are doing something tonight. But maybe another time" Hayes says, which makes me smile.

"Well how about that party Friday? Wanna go as my date?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Sure babe" Hayes says to Christina. What is this? What is this feeling in my stomach? It's weird. It's not anger or sadness. It was something new.

Jealousy.

A/N:

somebodys jealousss