chapter twenty

I have a feeling a lot of you are gonna kill me for what happens.. READ

***********************************************************************************

CHRIS'S POV

I went home, and took a shower. I changed into leggings and a creme sweater, and then straightened my hair. I added light makeup, before grabbing my phone and heading to Hayes house. It was like 12, and there was already a car in the driveway. I think it's his or my grandparents.

When I got there, basically everyone was in the kitchen cooking and running around. I see Skylynn carrying a bowl of mashed potatoes, and I offer to help her. I look around, and don't see Hayes. I see nash, and will, and my sister Beca. Will and Beca were talking with nash and his dad, so I scanned the room. Cora was helping Elizabeth with something. I wander to the back yard where Hayes is playing lacrosse against his pitch back. I smile, and call his name "Hayes!"

He turns his head towards me, and sets his lacrosse stick on the ground. He walked over of me, and enclosed me into a tight hug.

"Chris, you look great" he says, and I smile blushing. We sit down in his lawn chairs, and start talking, just having a conversation.

After a little while, we hear the back door open, and we turn our heads to it. A blonde haired green eyed girl smiled her white teeth. Once she came closer I saw the handful of freckles sprinkled across her nose and under her eyes. She sat down in the he chair and waved.

"Hi I'm Carly" she says cheerfully. Hayes and I both introduce ourselves, and then the back door opens up again. He comes over and sits down next to Carly.

"Hi I'm Brandon" he says smiling. He had dark brown hair, styled in a quiff. His eyes were bright green like his sisters, and he had very little freckles sprinkled along his nose and under his eyes.

"I'm Chris" I say smiling.

"I love your name" Brandon says, which makes me blush. He was cute. Very cute. We start talking, and I'm starting to like him. I think.

HAYES POV

Chris and that kid Brandon keep talking, and I can't help to feel a little jealous.

"Chris your so pretty, you know that?" Brandon says. She giggles, and her cheeks turn red. She gets up, and so does Brandon. He grabs her hand, and she accepts it.

"W-Where are you guys going?" I ask sitting up.

"Just for a walk" Brandon answers. I grab Chris's wrist and she looks at me weird.

"I'll wait for you in the front" Brandon says before exiting the back yard.

"What?" She asks looking confused. I sigh and scratch the back of my neck with my free hand.

"Um you just-just met him I mean c'mon your really going to go on a walk with some stranger?" I say.

"I'll be fine" she says pulling her wrists out of my grip and walking to the front. My face drops a little, and I sit down next to Carly. She starts ranting on, and I really do not care what she's saying.

I see Brandon and Chris walk back in, hand in hand, giggling. They go inside and my eyes follow them until the door shuts. I decided to go inside as well, but I bumped into Nash, who was staring at Carly. They probably like eachother. Nash starts talking to me about some random shit, but I can't help but wonder what Chris and Brandon are doing.

Thank god my mom told me to get Chris and Brandon for dinner. I race down the stairs to see Chris and Brandon making out on the couch. My eyes went wide, and my eye brows raised. Chris is not like this. Her boyfriend before, she dated for two weeks before kissing him. They are kissing after a few hours. Well that's just great. Chris looked at me her eyes wide, looking embarrassed, and shocked.

"Oh Hayes...I uh didn't know you were standing there" she says.

"Well dinner is ready, after you two are done making out" I say before going up the stairs.

I was pissed. Very very pissed. I thought Chris liked me. I like her, and it hurts to see her with someone else. She comes up the stairs holding Brandon's hand. We sit down at the table, say grace, and eat. Chris and Brandon talked and giggled. All I did was watch them, and I know Chris noticed. After dinner it was about 6:45.

"Hayes we're all going to play outside, wanna come?" Chris asks.

"By play do you mean make out?" I snap rolling my eyes. I hear the doors open, then shut. I felt tiny hands wrap around my wrists, and drag me somewhere. I don't even bother to care where are we going, or who is pulling me. It's probably Chris. We are pulled out to the front yard, and I am now face to face with Chris.

"Okay what's up with you?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"I don't know what's up with you?" I snap back. She rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Seriously. Your acting wierd especially around me and Brandon. You can tell me what's going on, Hayes you know that" she says stepping closer to me.

"I-I'm just feeling a-a little left out" I mutter and stare at the ground.

"Jealous?" She asks. I nod sadly. I guess I am jealous.

"Why would you be jealous?" She asks trying to look in my eyes, but i refuse to make eye contact.

"I-I just am" I say. I'm jealous because I know she likes him.

"Is it because of me and Brandon?" She asks. My head shoots up to look at her.

"Why are you jealous of me and Brandon?" She asks. Chris can see right through me, because she's right, I am jealous of them. But I can also see right through her.

"I'm not" I mumble, not wanting to looking at her.

"So you don't mind if we're dating?" She asks, and my head shoots up. Those thoughts run through my mind over and over.

"Your dating?" I ask in disbelief.

"Hayes why are you jealous of Brandon and I? I don't want to see you upset, please tell me why. You can tell me anything" she says and I look up at her.

I really don't want to tell her this right to Her face, but she might already know. It is going to be awkward because... I don't know it just will be.

"I like you, that's why" I say very quietly. I knew she heard because she smiled.

"Y-You like me?" She asks smiling. I gulp and smile lightly. It was silent for a second, and I didn't look at her, but I could tell she was looking at me.

"I, uh like -" she started to say but was cut off by Brandon coming outside. I think she was going to see she likes me. We both turned to face him, and he kissed Chris's cheek. She smiled and looked at Brandon.

"Did ya here the news? Chris is my beautiful girlfriend" Brandon says.

I look at them both very sad. Chris seems to be happy. But I don't think she is. Brandon takes her inside, and I sit down on the grass. I run my hands through my hair.

Chris and I would have started dating. I had her in my grasp, but I let her slip through too easily. I shouldn't of let her go. I can't let her go. Why did I let her go? I was so close to having her be mine, I swear. After a few days, I would've asked her to be my girlfriend. But Brandon had to come in and screw it all up. I like Chris. No it doesn't even feel like i like her. It's much more than that. But I am probably way to young to know what it feels like. But I don't know what's more than like, but not saying love. But I think I do.

I'm in love with Chris.

A/N:

who's beyond pissed that chris is dating Brandon?

#bris (Brandon and chris?)

#cayes (hayes and chris)

I feel like none of you will ship #bris but oh well comemnt😂😂