chapter forty

happy 40th chapter and thank you for 6k!!!

qotc: fav store?

**************************************************

CHRIS'S POV

He gently pulled away from my lips. "W-What was that for?" I stutter.

"So you'd shut up" he chuckled. A smile cracked along my face, and a small giggle slipped from my mouth.

I missed him so much. More than I knew, and more than I thought. I love him. Why did I ever push him away? Why why why? I'm such an idiot, god.

"Please, Christiana don't ever think like that" he whispered. I nodded, and he pulled me closer to his chest. My head rested on his chest, while his head rested on mine. His arms were wrapped around me tightly, and mine were loosely wrapped around his waist. He began to rub circles on my back, relaxing me. Tears escaped from my eyes, and I was practically bawling my eyes out on Hayes.

After a while I pulled away from him. I was crying on and off, and I stopped for good eventually. I think all my tears are gone. He pushed the hair that was in my face behind my ear, his finger tips brushing lightly against my skin causing goosebumps to rise. "Wanna get something to eat?" He asked and I nodded.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time : 5:47. I got home two hours ago, I'm starving. Hayes grabbed my hand and led me downstairs. We entered the kitchen, and Beca was on the phone with someone. Lola and nash were no where to be seen, so was Will. I looked into the living room and say Skylynn watching TV.

"Oh Christiana, are you alright?" Elizabeth asked. I nodded, and sat down next to Beca. We hung up the phone and sighed.

I didn't bother asking who was on the phone, if it was mad I don't want to get more upset. Hayes walks over and hands me a Popsicle.

"It's not even summer, it's like 40 degrees outside" I say giggling.

"Eh who cares" he shrugs. I take it and take it out of the wrapper. It was one of those ones that look like crayons, the scribblers. They're my favorite.

We don't talk much, we just eat the Popsicles. We basically ate the whole box but Elizabeth told us to save some for Skylynn.

Hayes went outside for a few minutes, and then came back in. He grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs. "Get dressed" he demanded, going to his drawers and picking out clothes.

"Like, in a dress?" I asked looking at his formal clothes that he has picked out.

"Yeah. C'mon hurry up" he says clapping his hands, and pushing me into the bathroom.

I grab a skater dress from brandy, with a triangle cut out on the lower back. I straighten my hair, and apply mascara, eyeliner, and an EOS lip balm. I slide on my shoes, and exit the bathroom, seeing Hayes laying on his bed with khakis, a polo, and vans.

"Now tell me where we are going!" I demanded.

"What's the fun in that?" He said smirking, me rolling my eyes in response. He drags me by the wrist and downstairs.

"Mom we're going out, we'll be back soon" Hayes shouts to his mom as we are leaving. He drags me down the sidewalk, all around our neighborhood. It isn't even cold, but it is getting dark soon. I hear music from where we are. Like dancing music, not something you would hear on like the radio or pandora or something.

Hayes pace slows, and we approach a house. Music flows through the air and into my ears. There is a big house, with balloons attached to a fence. You can see a white tent in the back, and see hands in the air. People dancing?