chapter forty four

qotc: penny boards or nickel boards?

**********************************************

HAYES POV (srry I'm doing his POV a lot)

We won the game. I made the winning shot. I was really focused while I was on the field, but when I was on the sidelines, I kept thinking.

I didn't want to hurt Mallory, because I didn't really like her all that much. Yeah she was cute, and really nice, but she just isn't really my type. I'm just jealous Chris was flirting with the player of this school, after we had a little 'thing'. A little fling. And it hurt because it was literally the day we got back that she went on to another guy.

We high fives the goalie, and headed over to the benches. Mallory was clapping, and started handing out donuts. "Here" she said handing a chocolate one to me.

"Thanks" I said taking it. As I was eating it, Chris looked at me from the bleachers with her friends. She looked pissed.

"So we're going to your house for the victory party right?" Mallory asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh uh yeah" I replied. After we packed up, we headed to my house.

Chris and I walked together, but she was silent. She didn't engage a conversation, I did, and she wouldn't keep it going, she was just quiet. Must be jealous.

When we got to my house, everyone went straight to back yard. The pool was lit up, giving a blue-ish luminescent glow against the sky, that was getting darker by the minute. Little puffs of orange and pink clouds remained in the sky, but all gathered towards the trees.

There were few lights scattered around the yard to light it up. The fire pit was set up with chairs around it, and in the table was stuff to make s'mores.

Everyone jumped into the pool, except me, I was looking for Mallory. I saw her come through the back door, and I walked up to her. "Hey!" She said excited. I returned it, and said a 'hey' back.

"You going swimming?" I asked pointing towards the pool. She nodded, and I smirked. I ran towards the pool, and jumped in, creating a big splash.

My head popped up from underwater, and saw Mallory jump in. Her splash was so little, and it reminded me of Chris. "It's cold in here!" She complained playfully.

I chuckled, and wrapped my arms around her waist pulling her closer. "Warm?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah" she stuttered nervously. I could tell. By the look on her face you could tell in an instant she was nervous. Her cheeks were a bright pink, and she was smiling right at me.

I leaned in closer and closer. I could tell she was nervous, because I could feel that she was tensed. I was basically looking into her eyes, and she was looking into mine, our fore heads rested against eachother. My eyes flickered from her lips, then back to her eyes.

She nodded slightly, and i pressed my lips against hers softly, and quickly.

No spark. No feeling. No butterflies. Nothing. I couldn't feel a thing, it was almost like I was emotionless. I was trying to figure it out why I wasn't feeling anything. I can't just feel something with Chris, there has to be someone else I can feel it with.

I pulled away and she giggled. I didn't know what to do so I giggled as well. I've never really had a moment like this, except with Chris. But it was different, becasue it didn't have this weird tension between us.

"Wanna go get a drink, or something?" I asked, trying to get repaid of this tension.

"Sure" she replied, and we both headed towards the steps of the pool. We stepped out, and I saw Chris staring at us. I smirked to myself. I walked right past her, my hand brushing against hers, and I squeezed it. Her eyes followed me and I turned around and winked. I turned back to Mallory and grabbed her hand, and she smiled at me.

Now I'm in control of this 'game'.

A/N:

srry this was rlly short and kinda suckish :(

but I'm writing this before I have lacrosse so sorry it's so terrible😭

aotc: penny boards