Chapter 89

Amnesia- 5SOS

What's left of me- Nick Lachey

Incomplete- Backstreet boys

California King Bed- Rihanna

Beth's POV

"Don't think about it. Come." His voice isn't so much as a demand as it is as a plead. I take another look at the huge glass windows as the wind smacks against them. I look back at Harry who stares at me knowing that I don't want to stay down here with the old man who sits at the front desk. I start walking slowly behind him and follow him into the elevator.

At first it's quiet and awkward and I feel his eyes on my the entire time. To ease the tension, I take my phone out and dial my mothers number. She answers within seconds and I mentally thank her before he has the chance to ask who I am calling.

"You are indoors right?" She asks, I can already picture her with her hand over he chest as she worries that I haven't called in over twenty minutes.

"Yes, I am fine."

"Okay, the storm is supposed to last all night and most of tomorrow so make sure you-"

"Are you kidding me?!" I say a little too loudly.

My eyes leave the floor and slowly look back up to him. He looks at me with confusion, probably wondering who I am talking to and what I am talking about.

"Did you have plans tomorrow?" She wonders.

"No, I just.." I try to think of an excuse. "I wasn't planning on staying here too long."

"Whys that?"

"Because I just don't, mother." I knew that I shouldn't have even called. A simple text message telling her that I am indoors and safe would have done just fine.

I hear her intake a large breath on the other end.

"I'm sorry-"

"You aren't mad about me and Nathan are you?" She asks as the elevator door opens and Harry walks out before me as I follow him out into the hall.

It's not that I am mad. It's upsetting that whenever I do something it is wrong and against her will but as soon as she does it, she gets it labeled that it's fine and no one can judge her for it. But by all means I guess I am happy for her, does my father know about this?

"I'm not, i'm happy for you." I tell her and we both exchange our goodbyes and I love you's before she tells me to call if I need her for anything.

I put my phone back into my pocket and it's battery it half charged. I decide against asking Harry for a charger, I don't even plan on speaking to him for the night. Or day..however long I'm stuck here.

Once we enter the apartment, memories clutter around me. The couch is the first thing I see, remembering waking up on Harry's nap from falling asleep unknowingly. The bedroom door open, reminding me of all of the regretful intimate moments me shared and the kitchen where we would eat dinner and when he told me about his father.

Was that a lie? No, I know that isn't. That would possibly be the most cruel lie anyone can ever say. Killing your own father isn't something a normal person with a heart would do. But then again, Harry isn't exactly on the level of normal.

I stand awkwardly by the door debating if I should just leave now. It doesn't feel right being in the same room as him..worse being alone.

"You can sit down." He says lowly nodding his head towards the couch.

"I'm fine." I protest and I can almost see him shake his head.

"Are you thirsty? I can-"

"I'm fine." I say a little more harsh than I intended to. "But thanks." I add trying to settle down my harsh tone. He nods and places his keys into the kitchen before going into the bathroom.